Author Topic: Hi All  (Read 641 times)

Offline rnivenx

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Hi All
« on: January 20, 2022, 02:33:23 PM »
Hi all.

I'm Rachel from Kent, UK.  I've been interested in calligraphy since childhood but decided 2022 was the year I'd  pick up one of the many hand lettering /calligraphy books I've collected and get stuck in.  My husband bought me a beautiful calligraphy kit for Christmas and since then I've been addicted.  I never realised how meditative it is.  Looking forward to seeing everyone's beautiful work

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Hi All
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 05:34:49 PM »
Hi Rachel,
Yes! I find it very meditative as well. Glad you are off to a good start. What kind of calligraphy are you doing? Broad pen, pointed pen, brush? I like them all! Let us know if you have questions as you go along. Welcome!  :)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline rnivenx

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 11:18:29 AM »
Thank you Erica.  So far pointed pen is my favourite and the choices of ink are amazing.  I've just started your wonderful copperplate tutorials, which are amazing, thank you. 

Offline Aries M

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 11:35:51 AM »
Hello Rachel and Welcome to the coolest corner on the internet! You'll find many calligraphy addicts around here! We look forward to seeing your beautiful work. Theres a super fun "then and now" thread where you can see alot of before and after shots which is super encouraging.

Hope to see you in an exchange soon!
-Aries