Author Topic: Mixing Gouache as Ink  (Read 719 times)

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
Mixing Gouache as Ink
« on: April 05, 2022, 12:03:37 PM »
@Erica McPhee I know that once-upon-a-time, you made a video about how to mix gouache as ink.  I've searched for the video, as I have an upcoming project & want to mix up a pretty robin's egg blue as ink.  I can't find the video!  (Probably, that is user error, but the end result is the same! - I can't find a link!)  Any suggestions on how/where to find it??

Thanks in advance!

Janis

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Mixing Gouache as Ink
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 01:54:22 PM »
I’m laughing because this video literally gives me nightmares. I think about how awful it is — all of the time. And some day I am going to redo it! But … you can get how to do it from it if you ignore the horrible video stuff. To be fair, I made this before people made videos with their phones or knew how to do major editing/filming. LOL!

How to Mix Gouache

Good luck with the project!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 07:45:08 PM »
@Erica McPhee I was grateful for the video because you pronounced “gouache”. You saved me from HEAPS of embarrassment, as I would have butchered the pronunciation!!

Janis

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2022, 12:41:04 PM »
LOL - I called it “Go-sh” before I heard another calligrapher talk about it.  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2022, 01:45:36 PM »
@Erica McPhee In my head it was "gwash"

There's a major brand of vinyl products that's named, "Siser".  I hear LOTS of crafters call it "Sizer".  The company, however, has a YouTube channel, with lots of helpful videos on how to use their products, & they pronounce it "Caesar", as in "Julius Caesar".  I wince every time I hear a crafter say "Sizer".  The vinyl is sold at Michael's and the clerks all pronounce it "Sizer".  I think that the company needs to rethink how they spell the company name!

Janis