Author Topic: Day 13 - 2022: KIND  (Read 864 times)

Offline Zivio

• Foment Compassion, Practice Peace
    • View Profile
Day 13 - 2022: KIND
« on: October 13, 2022, 12:01:37 AM »
Shaky today; as good as it gets.  Two kind.
Foment Compassion, Practice Peace

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
Re: Day 13 - 2022: KIND
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022, 09:13:55 AM »
Shaky today; as good as it gets.  Two kind.
Some days are just like that. I have those days too.

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 10:51:12 AM »
Dr. Ph. Martin's Iridescent Deep Blue
Gillott 604ef
Kurrentshcrift

Offline tiffany.c.a

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2022, 11:32:05 AM »
Zivio - still nicely written, there is much to admire about your entry including the forms themselves, and good contrast.

AnasaziWrites - I agree, Erica is very kind. So impressive you can write all these different scripts.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 11:34:25 AM by tiffany.c.a »

Offline Zivio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2022, 05:48:08 PM »
@AnasaziWrites  That is the sweetest!!  And Kurrentschrift, like so many other things I've encountered on Flourish Forum is a new one for me.  Amazing all the different scripts, and in particular that you can execute them so magnificently! 

@tiffany.c.a  Too kind.   ;D

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2022, 08:17:06 PM »
Lovely @Zivio - I have those days, too. Sometimes I can work the shakiness off with oval drills and sometimes I just put the pen down for another day. But personally, I like to see the human in the script.

@AnasaziWrites  - what a surprise to scroll down and see my face! You made my day! And you are just bringing it with the amazing scripts!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 08:19:15 PM by Erica McPhee »
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline tiffany.c.a

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2022, 10:29:23 PM »
Wow Erica, what a flourish!

Offline K-2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2022, 10:37:34 PM »
@AnasaziWrites wins at "Kind"!  Beautiful Kurrentschrift with an even more beautiful portrait of Kindness.
@Erica McPhee - I'm going to be studying that K.  I have a personal interest in Ks.

@Zivio - sometimes, when I'm very tired, I still get shaky hands.  I had a terrible hand tremor following my last concussion (alas, my fifth lifetime concussion - and the one that made my doc tell me to stop playing hockey, which I took to mean, "stop playing so aggressively" because it's not like I'm really going to stop playing hockey right?).  But I like to think that it gives the script a little flair.  Some personal character.  After all, one of the best known hands of the middle ages is called "The Tremulous Hand of Worcester": https://www.bl.uk/collection-items/the-tremulous-hand

@Lucie Y - thank you for your kind thoughts about my elephant!  I wish you luck keeping those nibs out of your child's mouth.  I find that they're a danger to myself too (I once gave myself an accidental tattoo in a nib fumble).

Friends - I like nearly nothing of what I have produced today!  The poor birdie is something of a fail, but in my defense, it's a drawing of a photo of a taxidermy specimen, and I just wasn't able to make it look like it's alive.

Offline Zivio

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2022, 10:58:29 PM »
@K-2   Inspiring and beautiful as always, though we always will be our own harshest critics.   I, too, have personal interest in "K" ... for Karl.  But I have to say, I really haven't found a Spencerian "K" I find at all appealing!  But first I need to just get better at the "standard" ones before branching out or searching for something I like better. If I could produce them like @Erica McPhee did here, perhaps the search would be over!

The taxidermy comment made me want to send this off-topic picture.   I prefer candid photography, but these blacktails refused to do anything but pose in the front yard, unmoving, while I framed them. Looks fake, or like a diorama in a natural history museum!

Thanks to all for suggestions and consolations about my offering today. 

Offline tiffany.c.a

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2022, 11:17:55 PM »
K-2, the birdís face looks quite expressive, convincing.

Offline K-2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2022, 11:30:26 PM »
@Zivio - The whitetail deer are as bold as brass out here too!

And Karl & @tiffany.c.a - you're both very kind, but truly compare it to the goofy daftness of the lovebirds in "Match" or the sweet face on the scallop breasted antpitta - Martha has died yet another death on the page here.  I suppose it's something of a feat that it's a convincing drawing of a dead bird!

Here's my go-to K as in Karl!  I can't remember where I first saw it.

Offline Zivio

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2022, 12:14:59 AM »
@K-2   OK, that "K" will definitely go into the list of contenders!  Thanks for doing my name  :-*

Offline Lucie Y

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2022, 06:09:33 AM »
 I love coming in late and reading everyone's conversations of the day :)
@K-2 that bird does have an intense gaze for a dead bird ;)
@Zivio lovely K, shaky hand or not. I do hate when I get shaky though, I usually switch to pencil work or drawing vines when it is the case.
@AnasaziWrites loved what you did there with @Erica McPhee  :-*

Here is a slightly lazy work from last night. A friend asked me to make a piece with the famous verse from Galatians (but the fruit of the Spirit is love, grace, patience and luckily for me KINDNESS) in French. Well, I got to practice my French Ronde, but in the end she would prefer Copperplate  ;D

After this I'm switching my Inktober focus on what I really suck at, and always find an excuse NOT to practice.
And this is... LAYOUT.

I do hate it. Which is why I seldom produce a finished piece  ::) ::) ::)

Have a great day!

Oh crÍpe!

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2022, 04:05:46 PM »
@Erica McPhee - I'm going to be studying that K.  I have a personal interest in Ks.

Me too, as my wife's Name is Kate. In fact, the worst K's I've ever written are posted here somewhere (before and after?) on my very first practice sheet.
Friends - I like nearly nothing of what I have produced today!  The poor birdie is something of a fail, but in my defense, it's a drawing of a photo of a taxidermy specimen, and I just wasn't able to make it look like it's alive.
Not much could make that bird come alive (seems to have lost a fight in a mudbath), but your copperplate is indeed coming very much alive. Very steady improvement. Keep up the good work. It's exciting to watch.

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2022, 04:10:57 PM »
Here is a slightly lazy work from last night. A friend asked me to make a piece with the famous verse from Galatians (but the fruit of the Spirit is love, grace, patience and luckily for me KINDNESS) in French. Well, I got to practice my French Ronde, but in the end she would prefer Copperplate  ;D
Have a great day!

@Lucie Y
This is very pretty. Nice work.
What nib are you using? Ink? And I don't recognize that paper. What is it?