Author Topic: Lightbox brand/Model suggests  (Read 20646 times)

Offline Faeleia

• Bloop
    • View Profile
Re: Lightbox brand/Model suggests
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2014, 02:28:43 AM »
It works. Thats what counts! I almost bought a barbie light box but thought better of it. Then i ran across my autograph. Love it!

Oh go for it! Pink and purple and jewels and more are inspiring :P

Offline Blotbot

• Super Hero Member
  • Follow your bliss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2014, 10:18:28 AM »
has anyone tried this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J0UUHPO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A31PCBBJFOHWCYl? I have a laptop cooling rack that i could on set it on for slant

This looks nice!  I like that the intensity is adjustable and that it should be easy to store.  The USB plug is strange, but then you can buy an adapter if you need one.  Let us know if you buy one!  How well does it work with colored envelopes or 32 lb paper?

Offline Annie

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2014, 07:16:38 PM »
the light box is beautiful! very sleek and pretty stable for how thin it is. I like how it has a thin profile so i can easily rest my arm over the edge without it feeling awkward.

lightpad2 by tewshortforu, on Flickr

here it is on full brightness with a paper towel, a guideline sheet and two index cards.

lightpad1 by tewshortforu, on Flickr

i dont have any dark envelopes to test at the moment but I will update later after more use.

so far i think it is a great purchase for the price. the usb cable is about three feet long and I plug it into a usb plug that i have for my iphone.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 07:22:01 PM by AnnieTo »
-an over enthusiastic newbie
http://instagram.com/tewshortforu

Offline maureen97

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2014, 10:20:35 PM »
Thanks for posting this Annie - looks great!  I am so wanting a new light box to replace my tall one and this looks perfect!  Keep us updated on how it's working out!
~Maureen :)

Offline maureen97

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2014, 01:16:02 PM »
BTW Annie - are you able to write on it with a tilt or is it too flexible for that?  I'm really intrigued by this light pad!

Offline Faeleia

• Bloop
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2014, 10:49:59 PM »
the light box is beautiful! very sleek and pretty stable for how thin it is. I like how it has a thin profile so i can easily rest my arm over the edge without it feeling awkward.

here it is on full brightness with a paper towel, a guideline sheet and two index cards.

i dont have any dark envelopes to test at the moment but I will update later after more use.

so far i think it is a great purchase for the price. the usb cable is about three feet long and I plug it into a usb plug that i have for my iphone.

I'm thinking of purchasing one too, just not sure if I should go for A4 or A3. For most projects we probably won't need a big one right?

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2014, 11:23:33 AM »
Just make sure it is big enough to accommodate your hand and forearm, otherwise it could feel awkward which would not contribute to good letterforms.  :)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Annie

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2014, 12:20:08 PM »
BTW Annie - are you able to write on it with a tilt or is it too flexible for that?  I'm really intrigued by this light pad!

I'm writing on tilt. I have one of these http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10114874/ from Ikea propped on a slanted laptop cooling stand. I then place the light pad on the glass board. it gives me a nice large working area. I dont think the lightpad is thick enough to use at a tilt by just propping up one side. It will need to rest on something that has support in the center.

Offline maureen97

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2014, 03:00:16 PM »
Thanks for the reply Annie!  I'm going to have to think more about this light pad....

Offline patweecia

• View Profile
    • Patty Paperie
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2014, 05:31:44 AM »
My light box:

http://www.amazon.com/Crayola-Light-Tracing-Pad-Blue/dp/B0084JUNXS/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1393350408&sr=1-1&keywords=crayola+tracing+pad

Yes, the brand is Crayola.  When I bought this in November 2013, the price was around $19.00.  The price  has gone up!  But it looks like new packaging, and maybe a new model.  It works pretty well for $19!  The size is 11 x 8.5 inches.  It is bright enough to see the guidelines underneath if away from bright windows and lamps.  It is also very portable and easy to store. And it comes in blue and pink!  What else can you ask for? A good entry level light box.  The design has a series of LED lights around the outside of the frame.  I hope they will design new ones with more LED lights.  Really this product should not cost $40.

Ellen

this actually looks cool!

i saw the artograph light pads here in singapore, and their price is double than those in amazon :o
patricia
instagram    |   blog    |   facebook

Offline patweecia

• View Profile
    • Patty Paperie
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2014, 06:13:49 AM »

this looks nice!  very sleek and elegant-looking
patricia
instagram    |   blog    |   facebook

Offline Annie

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2014, 12:56:26 PM »
just a little update on the light pad, it does not shine through dark envelopes  :( but I love it anyway

Offline mary ellen

• View Profile
    • Calligraphy by Mary Ellen
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2014, 01:08:00 PM »
Hi Vince,

I thought this was a new post but anyway I wanted to say hello.  I recognized you
from your tiny profile photo on IG,  haven't seen you post anything lately.
hope you are well!

MaryEllen

Offline Faeleia

• Bloop
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2014, 02:13:28 AM »
I ordered one! Same one as Annie's but mine's A4 size .^^ can't wait! I'm so lazy with drawing my guides..