Author Topic: KOUS Shimmering Walnut Inks  (Read 1294 times)

Offline Bianca M

• Super Hero Member
  • Tempus Fugit
    • View Profile
    • Bianca Mascorro Calligraphy & Art
Re: KOUS Shimmering Walnut Inks
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2024, 01:27:23 AM »
@JanisTX have you tried mixing pearlex in with metallic gouache?  I use it with Royal Talens metallic gouaches (I donít use any of there color gouaches, only metallic, but I find the golds of other gouaches to be unattractive) and the pearlex brightens up the gouache and the gouache helps with the flow and prevents the PearlEx particles from sinking quickly.  This is also how I got the copper PearlEx to work.  Terrible on its own, fabulous mixed with a copper gouache. 

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
Re: KOUS Shimmering Walnut Inks
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2024, 01:08:50 PM »
@Bianca M:  Youíre KILLING me!  You really are!! I believe (Iím making this up, but Iím pretty sure that Iím right!) that you are the one who introduced me to the joys of Pearl-Ex in the first place!).   Then, Joi went on her tear & tried them all, so we lazy folks could blow off the few that donít work.  It completely & permanently changed my little calligraphy life!!  Now, youíre telling me about another life-altering technique that Iím going to stop EVERYTHING and go to the craft store & buy MORE craft supplies, which I need like a hole in my head!!  Sigh!  What I really mean, deep down, is ďThank You!Ē  Itís so great to have smart experts like you to help those of us who are just trying to navigate along in your generous wake! 😃

Janis

p.s.,

If we ever end up somewhere like IAMPETH, Iím buying you dinner!