Author Topic: practice worksheets  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Angelica acosta

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
practice worksheets
« on: February 19, 2018, 11:50:50 AM »
hello everyone I have downloaded a million worksheets and from several websites. I like to work on Rhodia blank pages to print the worksheets. Size A4. Please I havent fount a worksheet size that I like. I write copperplate and spencerian (just beginning). so i alwasy go for the 55º slant and 2 for ascenders 1 x height and 2 descenders. what are the sizes of the spaces you use? Please feel free If Im making a mistake on the slant angle degree or anything else.
My ears are open you guys
Bests, Angelica
Angélica Acosta
IG calligraphybarranquilla
FB Angelica Acosta

Offline Katie Leavens

• View Profile
    • Portfolio website
Re: practice worksheets
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 04:08:07 PM »
Hi Angelica,

I find this website super useful for making custom guide sheets. http://shipbrook.net/guidelines/ Their standard sizing is pretty good. But you can even change the paper size to A4 for your Rhodia.  The have the slant lines for Spencerian too (usually written at 52 deg).

Offline Angelica acosta

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 12:16:50 PM »
thank you so much
Angélica Acosta
FB Angelica Acosta

Offline Angelica acosta

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 12:24:00 PM »
Yep but it appears to be down, I have tried like for a month and it cant be reached. thank you so much. by the way what is the traditional x height width for copperplate? bests, angelica
Angélica Acosta
FB Angelica Acosta

Offline neriah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 03:58:38 AM »
Too bad that site is down :(

You have a lot of guidelines here: https://www.iampeth.com/collection/guide-sheets
I prefer these for copperplate/engrosser's: https://www.iampeth.com/sites/iampeth.com/files/public_files/guidelines_letter_0.pdf

There is no traditional x-height, it can be whatever suits the piece. I often practice on 7 mm because it is large enough to see the mistakes. You can easily go to 12-13 mm with a very flexible nib. I still struggle with small x-heights but I know people who can write wonderful engrosser's at 2 mm x-height.

Offline jeanwilson

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Pushing the Envelopes
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 08:52:23 AM »
try opening a new tab and typing this directly - rather than clicking on a link

shipbrook [dot] net [forward slash] guidelines [forward slash]

The site has been working fine for me - and I just checked it - and it popped up.
Anytime I get a site that won't open, I always try typing it directly - and sometimes that will work.

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 09:31:09 AM »
Yep but it appears to be down, I have tried like for a month and it cant be reached. thank you so much. by the way what is the traditional x height width for copperplate? bests, angelica
@Angelica acosta

Try this link:
http://shipbrook.net/guidelines/
Works for me.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 09:33:17 AM by AnasaziWrites »

Offline neriah

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 11:07:50 AM »
I just tried typing and it is down for me. It may be the location - I am in Europe and if I am not mistaken, @AnasaziWrites and @jeanwilson you are both in the US? I just tried using proxy to access the site and it works. So it does some filtering based on location. Although I am not sure why do that for something as simple as guidelines generator.