Author Topic: Exchange Ideas for 2016  (Read 22190 times)

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Exchange Ideas for 2016
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2015, 05:33:56 PM »
I just realized how lame my president quote idea was!  There are so many people from so many countries on this forum...I'm going to hop on the color train!  We could have hot color and cool color groups!

LOL! I thought it was a GREAT idea! But I thought of "Inspirational Leader" quote - must be a political leader from your own country or another.
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2015, 05:36:05 PM »
Or what about a hometown exchange? Decorate your envelope card with specific colors, landmarks, etc. or share something unique about your hometown (or your current city, if you prefer)!

We did this earlier this year - it was called the Culture Exchange. I have an amazing scrapbook that I plan on photographing and posting for all to see. I brought it to IAMPETH. It's pretty spectacular to see all the different countries represented.

So great idea! But we probably won't repeat this year.  ;)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Susan C

• View Profile
    • Susan M. Carter Photography
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2015, 07:23:23 PM »
There must be a lot of cooks in this group. I'd probably have to write an 'Ode to the Microwave'.  ;D

Offline Doesy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2015, 10:04:20 PM »
Everyone has such great ideas (I especially like the write and drink idea though in my case probably all that would be sent are cards with various shades of drinks spilled on them - hey, pinot noir and merlot coordinate pretty well).

The only idea i can come up with is a "letter" exchange where you get assigned a letter then write/draw/ or illuminate the letter and/or object that begins with that letter and a small explanation about it (building a sort of "A is for apple" mcguffey's reader type of collection of cards for everyone in the exchange group).

Offline katherine

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2015, 10:12:45 PM »
I really like the idea of a recipe exchange! Especially if there's some sort of size standardization.

Offline SunnyMoni

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2015, 11:30:09 PM »
I'd love a recipe exchange too! It'd be so fun to share some favorite recipes, especially with how many people are from various countries on here.
Monica

Offline Elisabeth_M

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2015, 03:39:18 AM »
1.  The goofy Santa letter example was hilarious! But, what if we could pick any character or historical figure we wanted? "Dear Elisabeth, Still no word on who killed Mr. Body.  Professor Plum is acting very suspicious, but he was nowhere near the Conservatory and his fingerprints aren't on the lead pipe.  Colonel Mustard spent the whole afternoon in the Conservatory, but his prints aren't on the lead pipe either.  Could we have the wrong murder scene?  Love, Mrs. White"

2.  I like the recipe idea.

3.  What about a Try Something New exchange?  You must use a style or tool that is new to you that you haven't used before.  Broad pen when you're usually a pointed pen aficionado, or glitter when you're not into bling.
Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge.  --Carl Sagan

Instagram

Offline melanie jane

• View Profile
    • English Pen Crafts
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2015, 06:28:18 AM »
Everyone has such great ideas (I especially like the write and drink idea though in my case probably all that would be sent are cards with various shades of drinks spilled on them - hey, pinot noir and merlot coordinate pretty well).

This made me think of using red wine as an ink - has anyone ever tried it?  We could do an exchange where we use different substances as ink - wine, food dye, fabric dye, household paint, wood stain, beetroot juice, etc and see how they work.  Might have to sacrifice a nib or two though!
Permanently distracted making penholders

English Pen Crafts  Instagram

Offline Inked botanicals

• View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2015, 07:16:37 AM »

This made me think of using red wine as an ink - has anyone ever tried it?  We could do an exchange where we use different substances as ink - wine, food dye, fabric dye, household paint, wood stain, beetroot juice, etc and see how they work.  Might have to sacrifice a nib or two though!

I did try it!! I made a post about it some time ago: http://theflourishforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=3434.msg47009#msg47009

It worked well with a bit of gum arabic added, but I also added some grape skin powder to enhance the color. The wine by itself was pretty but quite light in color. You should try!
Alba.

Instagram: @inked_botanicals

Offline melanie jane

• View Profile
    • English Pen Crafts
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2015, 07:50:35 AM »

I did try it!! I made a post about it some time ago: http://theflourishforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=3434.msg47009#msg47009

It worked well with a bit of gum arabic added, but I also added some grape skin powder to enhance the color. The wine by itself was pretty but quite light in color. You should try!

Haha!  I love it, it looks awesome!  There you go, an alcoholic ink exchange!  No licking the letters!

Offline tmtcalligraphy

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2016, 11:18:12 PM »
I Just Want to Participate This Year!!! :) :)

Offline dancingfish

• View Profile
    • dancingfish
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2016, 02:31:53 AM »
Well, I missed the Bling exchange, which I would have loved....  So my wish would be for a Bling related exchange.  Maybe a variation?  E.g. Bling with a specific color (or color per group)?  Or bling while integrating another theme?

Offline melanie jane

• View Profile
    • English Pen Crafts
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2016, 06:38:26 AM »
A Chinese New Year exchange (might be a bit late for this year though, maybe for next year!)
A dream vacation exchange, ie you write a letter or card as if you are on your dream vacation, telling the recipient all about it.
A letter to Santa exchange, telling him what you'd like for Christmas
A zodiac exchange, where you send everyone a card depicting your (or their) sign of the zodiac

Offline lynetteburlison

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2016, 05:59:21 PM »
Things I'd like to see on the list:

* Calligrapher's pets
* Butterflies/dragonflies/insects?
* something with a medieval flavour
* creating your own illustrated alphabet?

Offline Bianca M

• Super Hero Member
  • Tempus Fugit
    • View Profile
    • Bianca Mascorro Calligraphy & Art
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2016, 07:11:19 PM »
I love Lynette's Medieval idea!