Tutorials > General How To's & Projects

How to make corrections (follow on)

(1/3) > >>

Ken Fraser:
Following on from Erica McPhee's  topic "How to make Corrections" from a couple of years ago. I'd  like to suggest this solution.
I've used this simple technique on an important one-off scroll for presentation with success with an invisible repair. 
If the word "year" for example is written by mistake as "yaer" write ea over ae. Allow to dry completely and with a new scalpel blade carefully scape off the parts of the original wrong letters which show. With a soft eraser rub over the new letters. If carefully done, the correction is impossible to detect.
In the example I cited, I was near the conclusion and saved many hours of rewriting with this simple method of correction.   

Erica McPhee:
Excellent tip @Ken Fraser ! I never would have thought to write the proper letters over while still wet but that makes perfect sense. Thank you for sharing!

JanisTX:
Hi, Ken!  I hope that you are well and happy!

I’m going to try this! - Unfortunately I make plenty of mistakes! 😃

Ken Fraser:

--- Quote from: Erica McPhee on August 31, 2023, 09:00:22 PM ---Excellent tip @Ken Fraser ! I never would have thought to write the proper letters over while still wet but that makes perfect sense. Thank you for sharing!

--- End quote ---
Thanks Erica
However, this only works if the first writing is completely dry. Sorry - I didn't make that clear!

Despoina:
Thank you for the tip! If I got it right, we let the "yaer" dry, we write "ea" on top of "ae" and let it dry. After, we use the blade to "erase" any old letter that is visible?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version