General Categories > ProCreate Calligraphy

Sunflowers

(1/3) > >>

Erica McPhee:
This is from an exchange I participated in for the Nashville Calligraphers Guild. I love having a theme to brainstorm ideas. The painting was done with watercolor and scanned in. The calligraphy was ProCreate.

TeresaS:
Very nice!

Zivio:
Very much enjoying your Spencerian in this!  This isn't the first time I'd seen you mention "Procreate" but the first time I decided to look up what it is!  ... maybe in another life for me!   ;D

Erica McPhee:
Thank you @TeresaS and @Zivio.

Yes, Procreate is great fun! It is kind of cheating in my mind because it behaves differently than pen and ink. There is no ink or nib to fuss about. On the other hand, it can be quite challenging to get the Apple Pencil to cooperate. But I love it because it allows great free whole arm movement. :-)

Zivio:

--- Quote from: Erica McPhee on August 16, 2022, 01:55:36 PM ---Thank you @TeresaS and @Zivio.

Yes, Procreate is great fun! It is kind of cheating in my mind because it behaves differently than pen and ink. There is no ink or nib to fuss about. On the other hand, it can be quite challenging to get the Apple Pencil to cooperate ...

--- End quote ---

Well, interesting you say cheating, because that was the first involuntary thought in my head!

But, yes, your challenging comment also rings very true.  I had watched a YouTube video of someone describing that many users become discouraged when they see videos and end products of "shaded"/thin-thick lines and are unable to produce them.  It occurs to me that no, Procreate will not automatically do that for you.  A person still must learn many of the same movements or rudimentary fundamentals of using pointed pen (or other tools) to do so.  It is clear to me that your success with the software isn't cheating at all, but could only happen because of your experience and skill in calligraphy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version