Author Topic: Registration for IAMPETH 2016 (Portland, OR) will be closed January 15th.  (Read 3575 times)

Offline Linda Y.

• Super Hero Member
  • Calligra-ninja
    • View Profile
    • my instagram
Just a heads-up - if you're not a member of IAMPETH and interested in attending this year's conference in Portland, OR, you have until Friday, January 15, 2016 at midnight EST to sign up. Membership registration will be closed as IAMPETH will be sending out registration packets for the March 12th registration date. Membership will reopen on Saturday, March 26th.

Offline JohnNealBooks

• View Profile
    • John Neal Books
I am so excited about IAMPETH this year.  I have been to the hotel, it is gorgeous, right on the river.  My favorite part:  my store will be 2,000 sq feet - almost double the room I had in 2014.  I will have separate spaces for demos AND a huge " try it" table where you can test pretty much any ink, nib, marker, paper, etc that will be in the store.  And I hope to also offer "gold tasting" where you make and take a sheet with many of the golds that I stock.  Makes a great reference when you need to find just the right gold. 
If you are not a member, it is worth the money, just for the website access.  And their new forum is great too. 
Cheers,
Michael

Offline schin

• Super Hero Member
  • Las Vegas
    • View Profile
    • Openinkstand
The gold tasting and try out table would be amazing!!! I am always so hesitant to buy new things from the website without first trying it. Oh and being able to browse through books first is of course very welcome!
OPENINKSTAND // website | blog |instagramyoutube

Offline Ceci_K

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Oh man...I'm not a member yet, but was thinking of attending. Would anyone know if it will be possible to sign up for the conference in March if you are not a member yet? Also, approximately how much does fees & hotel cost add up for the week? From what I've read about it, it sounds like a blast. Would it be worth attending if you are brand spanking new beginner? Looks intimidating.

Offline rabbitship

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Sad that I can't take leave to attend this, but one day I will. One day...
♥ Mag

Instagram: @folkandfoxy | Carousell: Calligrapy Supplies in Singapore

Offline Estefa

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Federflug
Would anyone know if it will be possible to sign up for the conference in March if you are not a member yet? Also, approximately how much does fees & hotel cost add up for the week? From what I've read about it, it sounds like a blast. Would it be worth attending if you are brand spanking new beginner? Looks intimidating.

That's why Linda posted in the first place – you need to be a member since a certain date, in that case January 15th, to apply for the conference:

»if you're not a member of IAMPETH and interested in attending this year's conference in Portland, OR, you have until Friday, January 15, 2016 at midnight EST to sign up. Membership registration will be closed as IAMPETH will be sending out registration packets for the March 12th registration date. Membership will reopen on Saturday, March 26th.«

But I admit that it is a bit confusing :).

I haven't attended yet (I live in Germany and it is kind of a big decision, money- and time wise), but a lot of people say that especially for a beginner it should be great. There are several threads about IAMPETH experiences, if you search for it in the Forum ;).
Stefanie :: Website :: Blog :: Instagram

Offline Entropy

• View Profile
    • Instagram
Thanks Linda, this post finally pushed me over the edge to join IAMPETH a week ago.

Offline anam_t

• View Profile
When did this happen?! I wanted to register for the convention  :'( :'(

I haven't received my registration packet yet. Can someone help me with this?

Edit: I got this thread wrong. Phew! Thank God I'm registered with IAMPETH! I almost had a panic attack!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 01:56:36 PM by anam_t »

Offline schin

• Super Hero Member
  • Las Vegas
    • View Profile
    • Openinkstand

Edit: I got this thread wrong. Phew! Thank God I'm registered with IAMPETH! I almost had a panic attack!

I had a panic attack reading that! LOL
OPENINKSTAND // website | blog |instagramyoutube

Offline Ceci_K

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Thank you Estefa, & Linda too for original post.

Offline Susan_S

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Re: Registration for IAMPETH 2016 (Portland, OR) will be closed January 15th.
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 07:08:02 PM »
This would be my first year attending IAMPETH.  However, if I've read this correctly I will be unable to attend because I have not joined IAMPETH before january 15, 2016 even though the conference is in the spring and registration has not opened?

Is there any way to join and attend.
thanks

Offline Linda Y.

• Super Hero Member
  • Calligra-ninja
    • View Profile
    • my instagram
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2016, 11:05:19 PM »
Susan, I would suggest that you email IAMPETH to find out for certain.

http://www.iampeth.com/contact

Offline anam_t

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 11:23:59 AM »
Hahaha! I was so relieved!

I had a panic attack reading that! LOL

Offline annshoshkes

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 08:54:55 AM »
I am so confused - I am a member of IAMPETH, I received the packet, but I thought I couldn't register for the conference until March? So, can I register now?
Ann

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 09:39:12 AM »
I am so confused - I am a member of IAMPETH, I received the packet, but I thought I couldn't register for the conference until March? So, can I register now?
Ann
No. There are no mail in applications allowed. They will begin to accept applications via the online registration form  on the IAMPETH site which will appear on March 12. The packet is sent now to allow you time to consider  which courses you would like to take.