Author Topic: Happy Easter!! First spontaneous flourishing and coloured ink attempts  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Starlee

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
Easter is such a bright holiday that I thought it was the perfect opportunity to test out my new Twinkle H2O's from John Neal. First I tested them as their original intent (watercolour), and got a little gutsy and tried some spontaneous flourishing. Usually I pencil-plan first, and I still think that this method is best for me until my skill improves, but this was fun just the same. Then, I tried using the Twinkle H2O's as ink. It is possible, and the colours are beautiful (they have a nice metallic sheen and I think they will look amazing on dark paper), but I found it quite hard to 'load' the nib. And now the scary question, how is my flourshing? Is it too much?

I wish everyone a very happy Easter and hope that you are all enjoying time with family and friends! 
Star

Offline Roseann

• View Profile
Wow!!
Roseann

“The world is so full of a number of things, I’m sure we should all be as happy as kings.”   R. L. Stevenson

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us!  :)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline joi

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • www.bienfaitcalligraphy.com
very nice!!!  your E's are lovely!  that's one of the most difficult letterforms for me :(

Offline Starlee

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
Thank you! Joi, I agree. The E was hard. Although I find I struggle more with N, W and V the most. :) I have moved on to numbers and currently finding '3' to be particularly brutal! :)
Star

Offline Perfectsettings

• View Profile
    • Perfect Settings
Absolutely LOVE the flourishing!
Daisy
Lover of all things beautiful.