Author Topic: Love Letters 2020 Exchange  (Read 3026 times)

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Love Letters 2020 Exchange
« on: January 14, 2020, 10:25:36 PM »
It's a bit late but our first exchange of the year is always a favorite! Who doesn't LOVE to get Valentines?!

This will be a quick sign up and turn around as Valentine's Day is a month from today. I wanted to give everyone a chance to recover from the holiday and get the new year started. I would suggest if you are signing up - start working on your actual exchanges now so you only have the envelopes left to complete once you get your list (typically 6-8 members on a list).
NOTE:
  • If you did not complete a past exchange you signed up for, you cannot participate.
  • If you will be busy and cannot meet your obligation, please do not sign up. It is not OK to think, "Life happens" and not fulfill your obligation. It is OK if circumstances require you to send your exchanges late, however, you will still not be able to participate in an exchange until yours are sent.
  • You must be a registered, activated member and you must have made at least one post, introductory or otherwise, in order to participate.
Post Mark Deadline: Wednesday, Feb 5, 2020

YOU MUST SIGN UP VIA THE FORM ABOVE OR YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED SIGNED UP.

As always, the following guidelines apply:

1. Calligraphy should be used on both your exchange insert and envelope.
2. You will send a card to every member on your list (typically 7-9 members).
3. Must be related to the theme.
4. All skill levels welcome!
5. If you end up not being able to participate, please contact me ASAP. If you don't send your cards after the list has gone out, you will not be able to participate in the next exchange.
6. You must sign up before the deadline. No late sign ups.
7. HAVE FUN!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 06:02:50 PM by Erica McPhee »
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline passionforwriting

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Re: Love Letters 2020 Exchange
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 09:41:09 AM »
Woohoo, excited for this one! I'm looking forward to the new exchanges for this year!! Thank you Erica!!   :)

Offline Natalie419

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 10:00:13 AM »
Yay!  I'm excited for this one, too!  :)

Offline KimLamberth

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 09:37:26 AM »
I signed up for the exchange, but haven’t received a list of names.  Has this exchange been cancelled? Thanks!

Offline Doesy

• View Profile
Re:Apologies to list 2
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 06:36:06 PM »
I have to apologize to everyone on list 2. I posted everything today at my local post office but ran into a few issues. I did learn a lot more about mailing letters first class though.

I had read but misunderstood the regulations for sending first class mail and thought I would just need to add a non machinable stamp to each letter because they fell under the size/weight limitations for first class mail. I went to the post office with a bunch of extra stamps (including nonmachinable stamps) but found out my letters had to be sent as packages because of their rigidity. This would have been ok too but my local post office was completely out of higher denomination stamps (ie global and above). The long and short of it is that my letters will arrive with a really huge packaging label on them. The person at the post office was really gracious about it and tried to put the labels on as unobtrusively as possible.

Crossing my fingers that my exchange letters arrive on time. Sorry for the huge packaging labels (if only they covered my mistakes too - and while I’m wishing... had pretty flourishes, were much smaller and looked like stamps ).

Offline KimLamberth

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 09:39:07 PM »
Posting again that I signed up and did NOT receive an email of names.  Given this fact, I will deduct that I wasn’t included in this exchange.  🙁

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 09:03:57 AM »
Posting again that I signed up and did NOT receive an email of names.  Given this fact, I will deduct that I wasn’t included in this exchange.  🙁
@KimLamberth
@Erica McPhee
Hi Kim,
Sorry to hear you didn't receive a list for this exchange. There was a problem recently with posts/submissions being lost due to a change in servers for the forum which Erica is diligently addressing. My signup for this exchange was similarly lost, but I've sent a few cards out anyway to forum members I know and would be happy to send you one if you pm me your name and address.
Mike

Offline Doesy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2020, 11:23:56 AM »
Kim,

I don’t know if my card would make it to you by Valentine’s Day but I’d be more than happy to send you one also if you’d like (pm your address).

Jackie

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 03:08:13 PM »
@KimLamberth Since things have been wonky, I will post again as well. Please accept my sincere apologies for this issue. This is the first time we have ever done a migration to a different webhost and it appeared things were all good but have since discovered there were some issues. I believe it has been corrected as of this afternoon. So we will have to wait and see.

I have also put you on my list so keep your eyes out for a Valentine from yours truly!   :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Inked botanicals

• View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2020, 05:39:04 PM »
Hi there! Seems my posts are lost (or at least I can't see them, so sorry if I am repeating!).

First thing, I am so sorry for being a little late for this exchange. I had something planned but my Silhouette Cameo did not collaborate (yes, there is a Cameo involved!). I had to redesign everything, and it was not ok for my Cameo again. But no worries, envelopes are already mailed, just some days delayed!! Hope you liked my plan C  ::)

And second, I did receive an envelope from @AnasaziWrites but you were not in my list Mike. From your post I understand that you sent your envelopes to some people but without being in any list, right? Or did I miss something?? I'll make one for you too (always a joy to exchange with you! Thanks for including me!!) but it is going to be a little late for Valentines Day, hope you don't mind!
Alba.

Instagram: @inked_botanicals

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 11:30:11 AM »
Mine went out late as well. Folks in the US should receive before Valentine's Day. Folks in other countries, I am sorry it will be late.  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline handmadeletters

• Janice Reyes
    • View Profile
    • Handmade Letters
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2020, 10:15:09 AM »
@Doesy  Jackie, I got your little package just in time. (I haven't opened so that I can enjoy with the others yet to come.) I was pleasantly surprised by the bulk of the letter, thinking you really went above and beyond. I'm sorry to hear that the post considered it like a package, and you had to pay more than expected. Nevertheless, looking forward to seeing what's inside. (Btw, thank you for the kind message about my Valentine! It's nice to go with a different approach once in a while.)

List 2 international folks: Sabrina and Gloria, I may not have put enough postage on mine. Hopefully, it either gets to you anyway or comes back to me for more postage. Sorry!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2020, 10:23:05 AM »
@Inked botanicals Hi, Alba!  I have a Silhouette Cameo, too!  Don't you just love it?  I have a new one & am fighting with it over the blade & rollers, but am hopeful that I'll get the kinks worked out!

Janis

Offline Bianca M

• Super Hero Member
  • Tempus Fugit
    • View Profile
    • Bianca Mascorro Calligraphy & Art
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2020, 12:41:52 PM »
@Doesy  Jackie, I got your little package just in time. (I haven't opened so that I can enjoy with the others yet to come.) I was pleasantly surprised by the bulk of the letter, thinking you really went above and beyond.

@handmadeletters @Doesy Jackie definitely went above and beyond!  Such a beautiful and clever mailing, and such effort went into it.  <3

Offline Jennifer J

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2020, 08:41:03 PM »
@Bianca M Right?! That was so fun to open. And open. And open.  :D I kept thinking that I wish I was that kind of a person because birthday and Christmas presents would be probably be amazing! Thanks @Doesy!
Jennifer

My instagram @topazwave