Author Topic: Home made ink reservoir - Pointed pens  (Read 5108 times)

Offline Vipul

• View Profile
Re: Home made ink reservoir - Pointed pens
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2020, 12:05:27 AM »
I bought a couple of Ziller  inks and have been struggling to get them to behave.  I have been meaning to try the home made ink reservoir, so I finally decided to give it a go.  It really seems to be helping the ink flow problems I have been having with the Zillers. I think the ink is flowing much more consistently, rather than dumping out in the first couple of strokes.  Thank you so much for sharing ...I was about ready to give up on my ink!

Thanks. I would also suggest dilution of the ink, or letting it dry out a bit. The viscosity of the ink plays an important part in the ink flow
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 12:22:16 AM by Vipul »

Offline dpradeep77

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2021, 03:53:22 AM »
Thank you Vipul ji for such an amazing tip. I tried it and it works really well. Made a YouTube video as well :

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2021, 09:40:52 AM »
Fantastic! Thank you for sharing!  :)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Tasmith

• View Profile
    • Todd A. Smith Photography, LLC
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2022, 10:31:15 AM »
I bought a couple of Ziller  inks and have been struggling to get them to behave.  I have been meaning to try the home made ink reservoir, so I finally decided to give it a go.  It really seems to be helping the ink flow problems I have been having with the Zillers. I think the ink is flowing much more consistently, rather than dumping out in the first couple of strokes.  Thank you so much for sharing ...I was about ready to give up on my ink!
I just started using Ziller inks, Cardinal Red and thought the "dumping out" was my fault.  Have to write a few strokes on scratch paper after each dip to prevent this.  Will try the tape method.  Thanks!
Todd