General Categories > Guidelines

Guidelines and Slants

<< < (2/2)

camilleysan:
OOH! Thank you Prasad! Wil give these a try after I use up the practice sheets I printed the other day :D

ericp:
Hi Prasad,

Thanks for these guidelines, very useful for me as a copperplate beginner!

I don't want to seem picky  :o but they would be even more useful if you added numerals and all lowercase letters (there are three or four missing like j q x - pardon my bad memory as I don't have my sheet in front of me  :-\ )

Dhanyavaad
Regards, Eric
P.S. And if you could share more of your wonderful flourishes like those I saw in your letter to Erica, that would truly be awesome!

prasad:

--- Quote from: ericp on April 23, 2015, 04:05:28 PM ---Hi Prasad,

Thanks for these guidelines, very useful for me as a copperplate beginner!

I don't want to seem picky  :o but they would be even more useful if you added numerals and all lowercase letters (there are three or four missing like j q x - pardon my bad memory as I don't have my sheet in front of me  :-\ )

Dhanyavaad
Regards, Eric
P.S. And if you could share more of your wonderful flourishes like those I saw in your letter to Erica, that would truly be awesome!

--- End quote ---

Hi Eric,
Glad these were helpful.  I know there are some lower case letters missing  :)  Most exemplars that are available on the IAMPETH site have the guides drawn in.  I made these with the slants mainly to understand alphabet spacing. 
I haven't done this for numerals as I have still not reached that far. :) 
Still working on Caps.

But i guess the same spacing principal would apply for the numerals too.

As for the flourishing,  it was a feeble attempt at copying from letters in the Universal Penman.  That is a book worth having to learn and copy from.  Just google it and look for images and you will find a LOT of examples. 

These are 2 more posts on here which have information on flourishing practise by none other than Mr. Fraser himself :)

http://theflourishforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=551.0
http://theflourishforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=2112.0

Happy writing
-Prasad

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version