Tutorials > Kind Critique

best envelope so far

(1/4) > >>

joi:
i don't know why, but i'm still timid about sharing work.  because i know that it's no where near perfect or professional.  but today i pulled out my very first sheet, day 1 page 1 of basic strokes.  and when i look at how far i have come in about 2 months, well i can say i'm pretty happy with my progress.  i remember how hard it was to go from just learning individual letters to spelling out words and connecting those letters.  and now i can do an entire envelope!
my goal is to address our family holiday cards.  2 months in, 9 more months of practice...

letter connections, spacing, need work, hairlines are still not smooth.

Erica McPhee:
Hooray! Cheering!  ;D

Joi, you have made TERRIFIC progress in a very short time! I love that you shared. And you have a good eye for assessing your work and know what to work on moving forward. Would it be weird if I said I'm proud of you?! You should be proud of yourself!

Bravo!  :D

joi:
oh erica that makes me so happy and for your kinds words i am grateful!
and i have said this so many times, but thank you for your generosity in sharing your expertise, creating the tutorials (love the golf voice!), and creating this forum where we can all share and learn from each other.  bravo right back to you!

Roseann:
Very pretty!  Good for you!

Linda Y.:
It's beautiful, Joi! You have a really distinct style that reminds me of old French calligraphy that goes with gorgeous botanical illustrations (which I love!). ❤️

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version