General Categories > Tools & Supplies

Vintage nib prices on ebay

<< < (2/17) > >>

schin:
All the single digits are per nib (And yep, I saw a 303 go for $29 several times!!! Insanity!!). If it's sold in a lot then I'll have stated so.

BTW my list isn't all the ones I bought.. some are mine yes but some are auctions I've been watching and didn't bid on or didn't win.

Thanks for contributing Salman!!! You did great on your prices!!!

Empty_of_Clouds:
I would love to get my hands on a box of vintage Gillott 404s at a non-absurd price.  Bit doubtful I'll ever be that lucky, especially with no local markets.

Anyway, these are the eBay purchases.  I have been in the 'trying everything' phase!

Prices in US dollars.  No particularly good deals though.

Jun 2014   
$11.43  10 x Zebra G

Aug 2014    
$4.26   12 x Esterbrook Jackson Stub No. 442                  

Jun 2015    
$4.67   12 x Blanzy-Conté-Gilbert Plume Princesse No.730

Aug 2015
$6.23   12 x Baignol et Farjon Henry Superieure No. 2730
$7.34   19 x Esterbrook Falcon No.048                 
$6.23   12 x Sommerville & Co. Plume Gauloise No.750 EF

Sep 2015
$4.46    12 x Perry & Co. No. 120 EF
$4.14    12 x Cie Francaise Sermajor No.5   
$5.82    12 x JB Mallat Ronde 205            

Oct 2015   
$31.38  144 x Baignol et Farjon Velleda Cementee 2436 EF

Nov 2015
$10.48  1 x Iveson Phinney No.1                                   
$4.65    12 x Salcher No. 50 ef                                
$28.68  100 x Leondardt Plume de Brazza No.1860 ef   

Dec 2015
$35       144 x Blanzy-Conté-Gilbert Dept Cementee No.2552   $35

And there's been a bunch of random other stuff that has been donated or picked up through other websites.

Salman Khattak:

--- Quote from: schin on December 27, 2015, 02:17:16 AM ---All the single digits are per nib (And yep, I saw a 303 go for $29 several times!!! Insanity!!). If it's sold in a lot then I'll have stated so.

BTW my list isn't all the ones I bought.. some are mine yes but some are auctions I've been watching and didn't bid on or didn't win.

Thanks for contributing Salman!!! You did great on your prices!!!

--- End quote ---

Ah - that explains it. Thank you.

I can see that this can get unwieldy pretty quick. We should put this in a database - which is easy enough to do but how do we link it here. Ideally an application that lets you login with FF credentials and put in the information in a structured format that can then be searched.

S.

melanie jane:

--- Quote from: SMK on December 27, 2015, 01:58:04 PM ---
I can see that this can get unwieldy pretty quick. We should put this in a database - which is easy enough to do but how do we link it here. Ideally an application that lets you login with FF credentials and put in the information in a structured format that can then be searched.

S.

--- End quote ---

I think this thread is a great idea, as I'm often trying to find out what would be a good deal on one nib or another.  In terms of it being unwieldy, I can see that that could happen, but I think the biggest danger is that it will just get lost amongst all of the other threads, and then forgotten about.

I've put a thread in the Suggestions section where I've requested that we have a section devoted to nib information and reviews - ie one thread per nib, everyone can add reviews, photos, writing samples etc.  If that got off the ground, we could also include prices in that?

Salman Khattak:

--- Quote from: melanie jane on December 27, 2015, 02:09:36 PM ---
I've put a thread in the Suggestions section where I've requested that we have a section devoted to nib information and reviews - ie one thread per nib, everyone can add reviews, photos, writing samples etc.  If that got off the ground, we could also include prices in that?

--- End quote ---

I think this is a super idea. I hope it does get off the ground - we will all benefit from it.

S.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version