Forum Info & Support > Flourish Forum News

Please read regarding emails!

(1/7) > >>

Erica McPhee:
The saga that is my life continues ...

I now cannot send any emails from any of my accounts: Paperwhite Studio, Dasherie, or Flourish Forum.  If you have emailed me and I have not responded, this is why.

New members who are waiting to hear from me ... this is why.

New members who have responded to the new membership question have been sent an activation email straight from the forum, so if you don't see it, please check your spam folder.

Thank you for your patience while I figure out why the karma in my life is awful.
Truly,
Erica

Estefa:
Oh no I'm sorry to hear that 😕! I know how much that kind of problem can suck energy ... I hope you'll get it sorted soon, Erica!!

pointedbroad:
I have a hunch that it's because you have a new internet provider, perhaps, at your new place? Check the outgoing server settings for your email addresses and see if they need to be changed to match your new provider.

evjo:

--- Quote from: Erica McPhee on June 08, 2016, 12:13:44 PM ---Thank you for your patience while I figure out why the karma in my life is awful.
--- End quote ---

You do not have awful karma.  Nope  This is about physics or electronics or customer service at your provider.  Nothing to do with you.

Erica McPhee:

--- Quote from: pointedbroad on June 08, 2016, 03:55:47 PM ---I have a hunch that it's because you have a new internet provider, perhaps, at your new place? Check the outgoing server settings for your email addresses and see if they need to be changed to match your new provider.

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure because we have the same provider. But maybe because we moved locations. I don't know but my web company told me for some reason my emails have been blacklisted which means I have to go through a vetting process to have them whitelisted.  >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version