Tutorials > Kind Critique

Please RIGHT if I'm WRONG - Copperplate

<< < (63/63)

ash0kgiri:

--- Quote from: Lucie Y on July 01, 2022, 09:17:58 PM ---This is very encouraging to me because I tend to get fixated on the drills and never want to do longer text before my technique is perfect, which obviously it never is.

--- End quote ---

Hi Lucie,
Thank you so much for such kind words and I'm so happy that you sparked a fire on this topic! I would really like to thank this Forum and @Erica for offering such a wonderful platform.

To answer your question first. The graph paper was not a deliberate idea. I was not aware of which paper to use and I used what I had handy. Unfortunately it didn't work for me as you can see.

I always have loved to write long texts but i equally focused on the 'Letterforms'. The idea here is no matter how long you write, focus on each letterform, it's like joining lego block.

You have a great time here. Explore as much and most importantly be hungry for more. Its an awesome community and everyone here is to offer help if you need it.

TC

ash0kgiri:

--- Quote from: Erica McPhee on July 04, 2022, 01:52:35 AM ---You can see a dramatic improvement when he switched to Bairdís examplars. This is really important as your own work will reflect the quality of the exemplar from which you study and learn.  :-*

--- End quote ---

Thank you so much Erica for your constant love and support. Exemplars are really important and what they do is help you get into 'Study' practice mode instead of just practice. Let me thank @Salman Khattak from the bottom of my heart for holding my hand throughout and believing in me.

I will start posting here again, Im curious to know if I can post videos too?

Thanks,
Ash

Erica McPhee:
Great! Yes, you can post videos but I have always done it via YouTube. You can also share links to your videos on Instagram by using the three dots in the upper right and copying the link and then using the URL button in the post.  :)

Ashley K:
This thread is so inspiring! It is really encouraging to see the journeys of others. These pieces are so beautiful ❤❤❤

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version