Author Topic: Introduction time - Eric here, happy to meet you!  (Read 636 times)

Offline Eric Smith

• Practice, patience, and perseverance.
    • View Profile
Introduction time - Eric here, happy to meet you!
« on: November 06, 2021, 07:16:47 PM »
Hello,

I have been interested in calligraphy since 1980 when I received my first calligraphy pen set. It was a Sheaffer Calligraphy set with removable heads to refill the ink. I have been mostly a broad pen calligrapher up until 3 years ago this month when I started Engrosser's Script. 

I have been commissioned for certificates, diplomas, degrees, Hippocratic oaths, invitations, envelopes, and custom work. However, this work has been temporary and not full time.  I would love to be a full time calligrapher and help teach the beautiful art of writing!

Currently I am working towards my third consecutive year with IAMPETH and then I can begin the certificate program. Certificate of Proficiency, Certificate of Excellence, and Master Penman. 

I am always learning and craving for more information.  I do not mind helping anyone out and I am NOT one that will say, "practice, practice, practice" as my only answer. Yes it takes constant practice but feedback is required to accelerate ones potential.  I will give positive and helpful feedback without negativity.

I look forward to learning from you and getting to know you.

Examples of my Engrosser's Script are attached, pending approval.
Your Calligrafriend, Eric

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction time - Eric here, happy to meet you!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 11:03:15 AM »
Hi Eric,
A pleasure to meet you! And wow - your Engrosser’s script is very impressive! Gorgeous! All those years of broad pen have given you a great starting point. I would love to know who your influences are in terms of Engrosser’s and what you use for study. Your form is exquisite. Thank you for sharing with us. I really look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work! Welcome to Flourish!  :)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram