General Categories > Tools & Supplies

Desert Island Ink

(1/4) > >>

K-2:
If you could only have ONE ink, what would it be?
* Here's my top ink - what is yours?

My pick: Parker Quink, black.  Sounds a bit pedestrian perhaps, but it's incredibly versatile: well behaved on good paper (even without gum arabic) for pointed pen and broad edge scripts, fast drying ("quink" is a portmanteau of quick+ink), a little bit of black sheen around the edges, a glowing gold to white reaction with bleach, and chromatography bleeding out gold and blue.

All these drawings use only Parker Quink black, water, and in some cases, a bit of bleach.  Images from a drawing series I did last year called "Pendemic"

AnasaziWrites:
Cool drawings. As much as I like cows, my favorite of the four is the telephone poles--looks like they're heading for bad weather.

Regards ink--McCaffery's Penman's Black (not the glossy). Works with every nib I have and on most any paper. Permanent. Waterproof. Like a Ford 150, built to last.

Erica McPhee:
Incredible! Love these!

My favorite would be McCaffery’s Indigo Blue.  ;D

K-2:
Solid ink, that McCafferey's, @AnasaziWrites and @Erica McPhee - I really like the gloss black, even though it sometimes has trouble drying.

Here are a couple more looks at Parker Quink black.  Like the "Corona de Espinas" drawing above, they use bleach to lift the background ink to create the moon and the wasp wings.  Very versatile effects!

AnasaziWrites:

--- Quote from: K-2 on January 22, 2022, 06:09:35 PM ---Solid ink, that McCafferey's, @AnasaziWrites and @Erica McPhee - I really like the gloss black, even though it sometimes has trouble drying.
--- End quote ---

Sometimes? I'd gladly give you what I had of it, but threw it out after it refused to dry on a batch of envelopes I had to get out on a deadline, resulting it what I would term an epic fail. This problem has been mentioned for years. I really should ask McCaffery why it hasn't been corrected. Perhaps it can't.

--- Quote ---Here are a couple more looks at Parker Quink black.  Like the "Corona de Espinas" drawing above, they use bleach to lift the background ink to create the moon and the wasp wings.  Very versatile effects!

--- End quote ---
Very nice effects indeed. Especially like the moon picture. Well done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version