Author Topic: Greetings from Oregon!  (Read 541 times)

Offline Ashley K

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Greetings from Oregon!
« on: May 14, 2022, 11:37:32 AM »
Hi! I’m Ashley—long-time (VERY long) lurker, first time poster. I just wanted to drop in and say “hi” and thank you to everyone here for all the tips and advice over the years… Flourish Forum was actually one of the first resources I turned to when I started my calligraphy journey, and it continues to be a great source of both information and comfort when I think I’m losing my mind over a problem with my letterforms!

Lately I’ve been struggling with feeling a bit alone on this journey—I’m pretty awkward by nature, and IG is great for looking but not great for community-building, at least for me, so I’m determined to be more active in every way I can!

Hope to see (and talk to!) more of ya’ll soon! And thanks again. <3

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from Oregon!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 02:38:44 PM »
 Hi Ashley,
Happy to see you post an introduction and say hello! Thank you for being a supporter for so long. I agree, being a calligrapher can be a lonely venture sometimes. In perspective, we are a relatively small group worldwide so it’s great when we can connect. Let us know if there is something  you are working on that you’d like feedback on or of course, any questions. We have been pretty quiet as of late as people tend to rotate around what social media platform they are on. I’m always open for more calligraphy talk!
 :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Ashley K

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 12:57:11 PM »
Thank you, Erica! I really don't know what stopped me from participating earlier; I think I'm just shy! But you'll definitely see me around more--super excited to chat with folks!

Offline Cyril Jayant

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/jaycyril
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 10:44:56 AM »
Hello and welcome Ashley !!!

ash0kgiri

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 10:55:00 AM »
Welcome back Ashley!

And here i'm too after a long gap. But they say you always come back to your first love. And this is where I would always belong. We all have one thing in common and we can all talk tirelessly on that 'Calligraphy'
Feel free to ask if there's any help you need, or wish to share anything in here!

Ash :)