Author Topic: K2,..... Are you happy now?  (Read 744 times)

Offline Mark T

• No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot.
    • View Profile
K2,..... Are you happy now?
« on: December 09, 2023, 08:56:21 PM »
Are you happy with having to pay $700m over 10 years for a starting DH and a possible Pitcher after year one, providing he mends properly? Big risk. You could end up with a 2-3 year DH (hope not though), but as said previously - he'll put numbers up as a DH that many 'names' would buy in an instant (imo). As a baseball fan, I can't wait to see him play in March, and I hope he mends well to be able to pitch in '25, but as a Yankees fan - this '24 season needs to go well for us - keeping names off the IL is paramount. (Stanton and Judge really hurt us in '23). The purchase of Soto is a nice result for us though, but if we can pinch Yamamoto from under the nose of the Dodgers and the Red Sox, that would be cool, but under the nose of the Mets,... that would be the chocolate sauce on top of the Ice Cream Sundae.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 11:33:55 AM by Mark T »
Laughter is definitely the best medicine, but Wolves destroying WBA runs laughter close, and the Yankees winning the World Series is ................ laughter is the best medicine, remember?

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
Re: AnasaziWrites,..... Are you happy now?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2023, 10:27:24 AM »
Are you happy with having to pay $700m over 10 years for a starting DH and a possible Pitcher after year one, providing he mends properly? Big risk. You could end up with a 2-3 year DH (hope not though), but as said previously - he'll put numbers up as a DH that many 'names' would buy in an instant (imo). As a baseball fan, I can't wait to see him play in March, and I hope he mends well to be able to pitch in '25, but as a Yankees fan - this '24 season needs to go well for us - keeping names off the IL is paramount. (Stanton and Judge really hurt us in '23). The purchase of Soto is a nice result for us though, but if we can pinch Yamamoto from under the nose of the Dodgers and the Red Sox, that would be cool, but under the nose of the Mets,... that would be the chocolate sauce on top of the Ice Cream Sundae.
@Mark T
Why would I be happy? I live in Atlanta.
I do hope he mends well though--such a talent.

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2023, 11:00:09 AM »
Go RedSox!  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Mark T

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2023, 11:33:24 AM »
Why would I be happy? I live in Atlanta.
I do hope he mends well though--such a talent.

Apologies - My remarks should have been directed at K-2. I'll go sort it now.
I'll have a word with myself. My bad. ;D
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 11:34:57 AM by Mark T »
Laughter is definitely the best medicine, but Wolves destroying WBA runs laughter close, and the Yankees winning the World Series is ................ laughter is the best medicine, remember?

Offline Mark T

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2023, 11:38:08 AM »
Go RedSox!  ;D
YUP! ,.... and keep on going, don't come back :P ;D

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: K2,..... Are you happy now?
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2023, 09:50:27 PM »
LOL!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline K-2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2023, 02:18:19 PM »
May Vince Scully smile upon us.

Offline Mark T

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2023, 01:41:07 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICs2nxhmKRs

If ever the adage, 'If you enjoy what you do as a job, it isn't work' is true, then Mr Scully never worked a day in his life.
From what I have read about the gentleman, he was idolised, not just by 'Dodger' fans, but fans of all allegiances in baseball, and golf alike.