Author Topic: SHARE A PHOTO OF YOUR EXCHANGE!  (Read 53111 times)

Offline riana

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: SHARE A PHOTO OF YOUR EXCHANGE!
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2015, 03:41:20 PM »
I sent slight variations of this design for the Holiday Exchange 2014. The shimmery blank notecards are from PaperSource, then I hand lettered everything with Moon Palace Sumi ink & dual tip Touch markers (my latest obsession!)

Riana

Offline Sarah Foutz

• Write on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2015, 08:56:27 PM »
Everyone's cards are such a feast for the eyes!!! Erica, you are crazy talented. Those examples were intense!

Thanks for sharing, everyone! I'm excited to see the progression my cards take throughout the year. :)
Sarah Pearl Foutz
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What! You, too? I thought I was the only one!" C.S. Lewis
http://instagram.com/sarahpearlstudio

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2015, 10:50:28 AM »
Here's one of my Blue exchange cards all together.

One of my regrets for 2014 was that I was too busy to do the blue exchange! All of the cards looked so gorgeous! So beautiful Moya!  :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 12:37:58 PM by Erica McPhee »
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline suzietwig

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2015, 12:15:43 PM »
This is so helpful to see all the gorgeous work you've all exchanged. and extra helpful for those of us having not exchanged before--thank you! I would love to see more!!  :-*
cheers, suzie*
graphic designer, boss lady, aspiring calligraphiste, photog
twig & fig luxury invitations   |  instagram

Offline Estefa

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Federflug
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2015, 04:08:28 AM »
Love to see all of these!!

Here's my Christmas card design from 2014. i think I posted pics from most of the other exchanges in the exchange threads themselves already :).

The original of the card was written with Ziller's Glossy Black on Borden & Riley layout paper (the Ziller's is much more dense than the walnut ink I usually use, so it scans better, especially hairlines), after I made A LOT of pencil sketches. I worked in several layers – the lettering and main flourishing was on one, for the rest of the flourishing I tried different versions on different sheets of the transluscet layout paper and merged them then in Photoshop. Finally the design was reversed so I had  a 'negative', and chose a light blue on a beautiful pearly paper my online printer offers. On the back are only some snowflakes.

The envelopes are from Artoz, handmade cotton paper 'Rondo', lovely to write on, I used walnut ink and 'Polar Blue' metallic ink by Kallipos.

Was a lot of fun, I did nearly a 100 envelopes and cards as I sent some also to wedding planners in Germany :)! Great practice too!

'Frohe Weihnacht' simply means 'merry Christmas'. Not very creative with the copy ;D.

X-mas_IMG_1417 by Estefa1317, on Flickr

X-mas_IMG_1307 by Estefa1317, on Flickr
Stefanie :: Website :: Blog :: Instagram

Offline KateMothers

• Freshman Member
  • Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2015, 04:21:57 PM »
Now I'm completely nervous since I'm a beginner. I can't possible measure up to these examples!

Offline Amy Corrado

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2015, 07:09:11 PM »
You're not alone Kate - I saw these and had a total freak out, too.  Then I picked my jaw up, took a deep breath and decided to just have fun.  Folks will be getting an experimental, sorta messy, but made with love valentine from me.  :)

Offline Sarah Foutz

• Write on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2015, 07:15:40 PM »
Now I'm completely nervous since I'm a beginner. I can't possible measure up to these examples!

You don't have to measure up to anyone but yourself!!! This forum is all about progress, not judgement. Anything that is sent with love will be a treasure!!! No one is going to be upset to get something other than a bill in their mailbox.... :) I promise!!!!
Sarah Pearl Foutz
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What! You, too? I thought I was the only one!" C.S. Lewis
http://instagram.com/sarahpearlstudio

Offline Moya

• Super Hero Member
  • all your gold are belong to me
    • View Profile
    • Calligraphy by Moya
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2015, 07:19:26 PM »
100% true!  Some people just send a single line, some people send a beautiful elaborate artwork - we all have different time commitments, different budgets, different skills. The only expectation for the exchange is "SOMETHING" in calligraphy - it can be one word on the back of a newspaper if you like! 

Offline schin

• Super Hero Member
  • Las Vegas
    • View Profile
    • Openinkstand
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2015, 07:50:45 PM »
I send some over the top envelopes but absolutely do not expect something crazy back... I love all the envelopes I get from everyone, beginners and veterans alike, and as long as you do your best and put in some effort, it goes into my scrapbook!

Don't worry about being a beginner.. we all start somewhere.. I have received some pretty bad exchanges (not from Flourish!) where the person practically used folded lined notebook paper and some squiggly lines using ballpoint pen.. that I don't like even from a beginner.. as long as you send something from your heart (nothing is worse than no-shows!), it is all good and welcome!
OPENINKSTAND // website | blog |instagramyoutube

Offline Nickkih

• Be Brave
    • View Profile
    • Amore Paper and Ink
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2015, 08:44:33 PM »
Here is the cards I sent for the Christmas exchange. The most important factor in the exchange is have fun.
Mom, Grandma, and Calligrapher

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2015, 10:22:59 PM »
.. as long as you send something from your heart (nothing is worse than no-shows!), it is all good and welcome!
So well said.

Spread the joy.

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2015, 10:31:08 PM »
100% true!  Some people just send a single line, some people send a beautiful elaborate artwork - we all have different time commitments, different budgets, different skills. The only expectation for the exchange is "SOMETHING" in calligraphy - it can be one word on the back of a newspaper if you like!
Yes.

The joy is in the journey, not the destination.

The attempt at a single word, even.

Offline Estefa

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Federflug
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2015, 06:00:26 AM »
I also love all that I get from an exchange!! Well said, all of you :).
Stefanie :: Website :: Blog :: Instagram

Offline Judy G

• I can be bribed with cookies and ice cream.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2015, 09:25:29 AM »
I loooove looking at your photos! They're all soooooo pretty and dreamy!!!!!
Judy G [joo-dee]
food blog | instagram | twitter