Author Topic: Hello from Florida  (Read 351 times)

Offline JeanMM

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Hello from Florida
« on: September 29, 2017, 03:06:21 PM »
Hi, I am a retired nurse.
My name is Jean
I have been drawing since I was old enough to hold a crayon.  When I was in high school my teachers discourage me from learning calligraphy because I consistently spelled words incorrectly.  Well a month ago my friend Erica started me out on the basic strokes.  Then I took a mini Facebook live class and discovered lettering is way different than passing a spelling test!  So here I am eager to turn my love for drawing into a love for writing though calligraphy.  I choose to learn modern calligraphy first.  Who knows where I will go from there.  At this point it seems like so many styles so little time.

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Florida
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 08:05:34 PM »
Hello my friend!
So great to see you here on Flourish. You are in good company with lots of letter lovers and a large inventory of tips and techniques. Enjoy and have fun as you learn and grow.  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline cejohnson

• View Profile
Re: Hello from Florida
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 05:59:29 PM »
Greetings Jean, and welcome to the forum. This is a great source of support and learning material. All the members are friendly and freely provide inspirational support. I joined earlier this year and this site has been so helpful. Erica has provided a great service to this community.

Have fun!
"The expert at anything was once a beginner." - Helen Hayes