Author Topic: Total Eclipse  (Read 297 times)

Offline TeresaS

• View Profile
Total Eclipse
« on: April 03, 2024, 07:50:27 PM »
Who else is in the zone of totality for the solar eclipse on Monday?  P.S.  Horrors….I realized as I was posting this that I spelled Eclipse incorrectly!!!
Teresa

Offline darrin1200

• View Profile
    • Timber Elegance Pens
Re: Total Eclipse
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 08:01:00 AM »
I love the gradient, and the extra letter just makes it more memorable. I’ll bet many people wouldn‘t have even noticed.

The total eclipse is the first here in over a hundred years. It will be happening for us between 15:23 and 15:26 ET.
Darrin McArthur
Timber Elegance ~ Handcrafted Writing Instruments

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2024, 10:38:51 AM »
I’m in the Texas Panhandle. We’re supposed to only get about a 90% eclipse here!  It’s better than nothing! 😃

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2024, 02:03:01 PM »
OOO - beautiful! We’ll get 95% here in Nashville!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Mark T

• No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2024, 03:35:52 PM »
Here in the UK we are expecting the partial eclipse just before 'sunset', which is 1946hrs. The next partial solar eclipse visible from the UK is expected on March 29, 2025. (the next full solar eclipse in the UK isn’t expected until September 23, 2090 but we'll all be fertilizer by then, or with a bit of luck, reincarnated as very expensive oblique pens. :D ;D
Laughter is definitely the best medicine, but Wolves destroying WBA runs laughter close, and the Yankees winning the World Series is ................ laughter is the best medicine, remember?

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2024, 04:57:51 PM »
... or with a bit of luck, reincarnated as very expensive oblique pens. :D ;D

Yes please!  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Mark T

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2024, 06:17:28 PM »
Was the eclipse as exciting to see for you as was expected?
Here in the UK, I watched it on the telly as it crossed over Ohio. It was really interesting, dare I throw machoism away and say it was 'pretty'.
To those lucky of you to be in the right place at the right time, I hope it was what you hoped for.

Mark
Laughter is definitely the best medicine, but Wolves destroying WBA runs laughter close, and the Yankees winning the World Series is ................ laughter is the best medicine, remember?

Offline TeresaS

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2024, 09:01:21 AM »
Oh my goodness was it! I put in for the day off work back in 2017 when I first heard we would be in totality on April 8 2024!!!  I was not going to miss it… although I have since retired.  I do live in northwest Ohio and we had 2 minutes of totality.  My sister had over 3 minutes.  The whole week leading up to it was very rainy, but Monday was perfect.  Wispy clouds and low 70’s.  The best weather of the year. 

Totality happened at around 15:10.  In the minutes leading up to it everything looked eerie, like before bad weather is approaching.  When totality happened it got very dusky.  Part of the sky was very dark, and there was a beautiful orange “ sunset” along part of the horizon.  The air got noticeably cooler, and a breeze kicked up.  We also noticed some moths fluttering around.  The corona around the Sun was much larger than I expected and we were able to see one of the little nuggets of brightness at the bottom of the sun (I forget what they called those). It was so cool!  We also could see 2 planets.

The difference between partial and totality was huge…in fact the news stations were telling people that live in Sylvania ( a suburb right outside Toledo) to drive into Toledo because Sylvania was just outside totality and they would miss so much.

I am making a scrapbook to be opened in 2099 when our house will be in the middle of the path of totality!  Everyone that came to watch at our house wrote a page in it, and I will have my other daughters also write in it.  I will definitely be an expensive oblique penholder by then, but hopefully my grandsons will be there to see it…and possibly my younger daughters ( considering I have a great aunt that is 107 years old, and another that lived to be 105)!

This was rather windy, but I loved it so much.  If you ever get a chance to see it, it is definitely worth it !
Teresa

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2024, 09:45:40 AM »
This is such a wonderful account @TeresaS !  It must have been glorious! We were able to see a few glimpses of it. We only got 95% which disappointingly meant we didn’t get dark. It was similar to a very overcast day. And we had so many clouds that we had to wait for peeks in between. But well worth it. I was oddly excited to see it (and even more so disappointed when I woke up to complete cloud cover). However, luck was with us as it opened up the most right at totality.
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2024, 10:39:33 AM »
We were about 82% total here in Atlanta, but it still fun to wee. In the first photo, my wife used a colander as a pin-hole telescope to view the eclipse. The rest are images of the eclipse generated by the sum filtering through various trees and bushes around the house. Big fun.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 10:45:06 AM by AnasaziWrites »

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2024, 02:13:55 PM »
So clever! Awesome pics!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline TeresaS

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2024, 04:25:47 PM »
Both of you guy’s pictures are great.  It was truly an amazing day!
Teresa

Offline Cyril Jayant

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/jaycyril
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2024, 04:40:09 PM »
Glad everyone over there in  USA enjoyed it . Here in Uk it  has not been visible( just somewhere in a corner it had the visibility  as a partial eclips) though. regards to  London where I live  It was just the  Youtube documentary  we had. Yes it is a something  extraordinary event. Last time it happened ( 1998 )  I was in Paris  and I had the opportunity to document that event in Paris. it was again a partial eclipse we had but my photography is memorable.
Funny thing is on 8th April 2024 event,  there's group  of people  used this event to manipulate our mind.The NASA and DARPA has done a secret project  in Switzerland during this  eclipse. It looks like it is something to Wepanize the whether further into it warmongering  and reaping money to control the world.
Peace and love everyone and hope this cosmic event will radiate more positive energy onto us whatever  other things are getting developed in the outer matrix as non-positive to the humanity.   

@Erica McPhee  lovely photos and @AnasaziWrites  :D I like your idea of PINHOLE  photography :  It has really come out through that camera. you must PATENT that " tool' Salad strainer .... giving it a name. !!!!!!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 07:04:38 AM by Cyril Jayant »

Offline Mark T

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2024, 12:29:31 AM »
Wonderful account of your experience of the day, Teresa. I really enjoyed the read and I'm glad you enjoyed the day, and what a great idea to have a scrapbook for 2099.
Roll on March 2025.

Mark