Author Topic: IAMPETH Atlanta Logo  (Read 844 times)

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
IAMPETH Atlanta Logo
« on: August 17, 2021, 12:38:39 PM »
I kept meaning to try my hand at designing the logo for the IAMPETH conference and then things took priority and I missed the deadline. I had time a couple days later though to give it a try so I thought it would still be fun to try. Day late and a dollar short - that’s me!  ;D

This was done on the iPad using ProCreate. Love that app for the freedom it offers. If I were designing something for real life, I would most likely then take it to pen and paper because there is a freshness to that which I find lacking in the digital medium.

Did anyone else try their hand at the logo challenge or does anyone else like to design just for the fun of it?  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: IAMPETH Atlanta Logo
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 12:39:02 PM »
PS Those are peach blossoms.  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2021, 02:56:54 PM »
Love it @Erica McPhee Good chance to have won it. I also had an entry on the last day possible (they extended the deadline for a week, and I thought they might need entries. Turns out, they got over 200, so they weren't lacking. As the 2020 design wasn't used and was in Spencerian, I played around with a form of uncial (5th-9th C). Had I more time, it would of been more detailed and fun, but only had a few hours to play with it.
The phoenix is the symbol of the city of Atlanta, as in the city arising from the ashes of the civil war after Sherman burned it to the ground, hence the "A".
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 02:10:03 PM by AnasaziWrites »

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2021, 05:45:46 PM »
Oh wow Mike! @AnasaziWrites I love it. Well done! Looks very fierce and strong. And thank you! Looks like they had some good choices from which to choose. I cannot wait to meet you in person next year!  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline ChristenAllocco

• View Profile
    • Allocco Design and Crafts
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 08:26:44 PM »
Wow you both had such lovely logos submissions. @AnasaziWrites, I love the simplicity of yours. A very strong logo!

Also...TWO HUNDRED SUBMISSIONS!?! That is insane.
Christen
Instagram

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2021, 10:14:58 AM »
Just WOW about your two proposals!  Both are lovely & strong!  Erica, I love your peach blossoms!  Mike, how did you know that Atlanta's symbol was a Phoenix??  I live in Amarillo & our symbol is a cowboy boot.  Lots of those around here!  ;D

Janis

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2021, 01:39:25 PM »
Just WOW about your two proposals!  Both are lovely & strong!  Erica, I love your peach blossoms!  Mike, how did you know that Atlanta's symbol was a Phoenix??  I live in Amarillo & our symbol is a cowboy boot.  Lots of those around here!  ;D

Janis
There is a lovely bronze statue downtown of a woman being lifted from flames by a phoenix, it's on the city seal and flag, and on the patch the Atlanta Fire Department wears, among other places. A most appropriate symbol for the city.

Maybe IAMPETH will come to Amarillo one day, and you can use the boot in a logo.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 02:28:23 PM by AnasaziWrites »