Author Topic: Hello from east Tennessee!  (Read 1362 times)

Offline lisanjones

• Freshman Member
  • greylilycalligraphy
    • View Profile
    • greylilycalligraphy
Hello from east Tennessee!
« on: March 22, 2014, 10:45:48 PM »
Hello! I am so very excited to have found this forum! Like several others here, I have had virtually a life-long love of calligraphy. I began my journey into this beautiful art in earnest about 5 years ago by researching my way through books/ web. I began collecting nibs/ inks, supplies, and yearning over being able to use them- which I did not until I found instruction which I felt would be able to teach me in a way I could understand and not second guess myself. The resources available then were not great, but somehow, I did stumble upon IAMPETH. I have since taken an online class, and continue to search for instruction (yay! for Flourish Forum!), and  I am studiously learning and practicing each day in hopes of being able to do this art in a way I feel pays homage to it's history and the forefathers, but also, is a bit of "me". I love connecting with other calligraphers and studying/ swooning over their art. I spend several hours each day trolling the web and Instagram, FB, and Twitter in search of new inspirations/ hands/ art, along with being a mommy and wife. My hope is to launch a website/blog this year and at some point to be able to sell my work. I am ever so grateful for each connection I make in this journey.
greylilycalligraphy

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from east Tennessee!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 11:44:25 PM »
Hi Lisa,
Thank you for that wonderful introduction! Sounds like we share a lot in common.  :D What is your favorite hand?

I really like what you said about calligraphy being an homage to forefathers but also a little bit of you. So true.

Good luck with launching your website. Let us know if you have questions along the way and again, Welcome to Flourish!  :)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline lisanjones

• Freshman Member
  • greylilycalligraphy
    • View Profile
    • greylilycalligraphy
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 01:18:04 AM »
Thank you Erica! I am in such awe at the talent I see each day on Instagram, blogs, FB, etc. I am such a huge fan of traditional Copperplate and that is my preferred hand so far. My version is more modern, however, but I do gravitate towards the classical looks and flourishes...such beauty. I am so looking forward to making connections here as well. Thank you so much for your kindness.
greylilycalligraphy

Offline joi

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • www.bienfaitcalligraphy.com
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 06:36:12 PM »
welcome Lisa!
i have a love of the classic as well, and once you get comfortable with it, adding a bit of yourself in too.
LOTS of resources and fabulous people here!!!

Offline lisanjones

• Freshman Member
  • greylilycalligraphy
    • View Profile
    • greylilycalligraphy
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 09:09:22 PM »
Thank you, Joi!! I have certainly found that as well...so many talented people here...loving it!!
greylilycalligraphy

Offline Donna

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 04:19:03 AM »
Welcome Lisa from East Tennessee!  :) 

Offline Nice Plume

• View Profile
    • Nice Plume
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 08:31:15 AM »
Bonjour Lisa, thanks for joing us ! Copperplate is truly beautiful I agree with you, and I love more and more organics and moderns forms of calligraphy. Welcome again  :)