General Categories > Coffee & Nib-bles

K2,..... Are you happy now?

(1/2) > >>

Mark T:
Are you happy with having to pay $700m over 10 years for a starting DH and a possible Pitcher after year one, providing he mends properly? Big risk. You could end up with a 2-3 year DH (hope not though), but as said previously - he'll put numbers up as a DH that many 'names' would buy in an instant (imo). As a baseball fan, I can't wait to see him play in March, and I hope he mends well to be able to pitch in '25, but as a Yankees fan - this '24 season needs to go well for us - keeping names off the IL is paramount. (Stanton and Judge really hurt us in '23). The purchase of Soto is a nice result for us though, but if we can pinch Yamamoto from under the nose of the Dodgers and the Red Sox, that would be cool, but under the nose of the Mets,... that would be the chocolate sauce on top of the Ice Cream Sundae.

AnasaziWrites:

--- Quote from: Mark T on December 09, 2023, 08:56:21 PM ---Are you happy with having to pay $700m over 10 years for a starting DH and a possible Pitcher after year one, providing he mends properly? Big risk. You could end up with a 2-3 year DH (hope not though), but as said previously - he'll put numbers up as a DH that many 'names' would buy in an instant (imo). As a baseball fan, I can't wait to see him play in March, and I hope he mends well to be able to pitch in '25, but as a Yankees fan - this '24 season needs to go well for us - keeping names off the IL is paramount. (Stanton and Judge really hurt us in '23). The purchase of Soto is a nice result for us though, but if we can pinch Yamamoto from under the nose of the Dodgers and the Red Sox, that would be cool, but under the nose of the Mets,... that would be the chocolate sauce on top of the Ice Cream Sundae.

--- End quote ---
@Mark T
Why would I be happy? I live in Atlanta.
I do hope he mends well though--such a talent.

Erica McPhee:
Go RedSox!  ;D

Mark T:

--- Quote from: AnasaziWrites on December 10, 2023, 10:27:24 AM ---Why would I be happy? I live in Atlanta.
I do hope he mends well though--such a talent.

--- End quote ---

Apologies - My remarks should have been directed at K-2. I'll go sort it now.
I'll have a word with myself. My bad. ;D

Mark T:

--- Quote from: Erica McPhee on December 10, 2023, 11:00:09 AM ---Go RedSox!  ;D

--- End quote ---
YUP! ,.... and keep on going, don't come back :P ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version