Forum Info & Support > Flourish Forum News

Answering security questions for new members

(1/6) > >>

Erica McPhee:
Recently I had a complaint regarding the number of times security questions must be answered to post for new members. In light of this, I reviewed the policy and reduced the number of posts necessary before the security questions are removed. Coincidently, we had the first spam we have had in months within just a few hours.

So, my apologies to all new members but the increased security questions have been put back in place. I know it is a cumbersome  inconvenience but it is a temporary one and this measure helps keep our forum safe. It won't completely eliminate spammers but it does discourage them.

joi:
thank you erica for creating and maintaining our safe and happy little nook here!

Brad franklin:
It's nice not to have spammers in here!

tintenfuchs:

--- Quote from: joi on November 22, 2014, 07:58:16 PM ---thank you erica for creating and maintaining our safe and happy little nook here!

--- End quote ---
I approve :)

Agwalter:
While its slighly annoying to answer the questions each time it isn't much to ask to keep spam off of here.  It is also nice to know that the questions will go away eventually  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version