Author Topic: Hello from Florida  (Read 2061 times)

Offline [email protected]

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Florida
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2017, 10:22:08 AM »
Hi, Yvonne! Thanks for the welcome... your Instagram is lovely is well!!  ;)   I personally see the Keys as Florida's reward to all travelers who make it out of South Florida with their sanity intact  8). Sooooo relaxing!!!  Alas, I was only married in the Keys.  We do live in south FL, but we are north of Miami which is just fine by me.  I love my sleepy little beach town... even if it does seem to keep getting a little bigger every year.  I guess the secret's out.

Offline vonking1980

• View Profile
    • MyAmari
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2017, 06:51:30 PM »
@Jennifer M  Those coastal cities above Miami are beautiful. We love driving up Hwy 1 and A1A when we get a chance. My brother is in Tampa, so we make trips down a couple of times a year (ATL, 6 hour drive), and sometimes do a detour / scenic route home. Yes, we like driving.
I'm glad you found some calligraphy groups out your way!

ash0kgiri

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2017, 04:00:56 AM »
Awe... Hahaha. Thats so sweet of you Jennifer.
Im glad these will be of some help to you.

Erica have written a wonderful post on Critique and work progress. It's a must read. http://theflourishforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=181.msg70493#msg70493
(Hope this link qualifies for another kiss  ;) ;) )

Keep writing,
-Ashok

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2017, 12:19:14 PM »
@ash0kgiri absolutely!!!  I've been deep in  practicing and analyzing groups of five.  ;) So extremely helpful!  Finally, I feel I'm developing a critical eye instead of mindlessly writing the same letter over and over hoping for a better result. Thank for this link as well as @SMK lessons I'm really enjoying getting lost in the lessons found in this forum.
I'm pleased with my progress and promise to post soon. Busy week here.

ash0kgiri

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2017, 12:33:53 PM »
Hi Jennifer @Jennifer M.
Salman's lessons are magic. Im still addicted to them.
Good to see you have methodological approach towards learning. I followed the same and it did wonders for me. Here's my copperplate journey if you still have not seen it. Here's another link :D :D http://theflourishforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=4833.0
Have fun.

Keep writing,
-Ashok

Offline InkyFingers

• All creations not equal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2017, 12:14:45 AM »

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2017, 10:02:03 AM »
@InkyFingers I simply adore this!!!  Thank you for the welcome!!!  :)

Offline Mary_M

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2017, 10:35:31 AM »
Hi Jennifer. I'm also from Florida - but the Gulf Coast near Sarasota. Your work is lovely. I'm also a bit of a lurker - and haven't had time to even lurk much lately. Work, family etc. Fits and starts for me. I hope one day to progress beyond "perennial beginner".