Author Topic: What to do in Berkeley?  (Read 3545 times)

Offline Bianca M

• Super Hero Member
  • Tempus Fugit
    • View Profile
    • Bianca Mascorro Calligraphy & Art
Re: What to do in Berkeley?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2016, 01:50:59 PM »
You can get in a very worthwhile visit to the Legion of Honor in a couple of hours.  It's so beautiful there.  This exhibit will be going on while you're in town- something I'll be sure to visit myself!

The World in a Book: “The Nuremberg Chronicle” and the Art of German Renaissance Illustration

http://legionofhonor.famsf.org/exhibitions/world-book-nuremberg-chronicle-and-art-german-renaissance-illustration

Offline schin

• Super Hero Member
  • Las Vegas
    • View Profile
    • Openinkstand
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2016, 02:36:06 PM »
So many awesome places! I really regret not extending my vacation by a couple extra days!!
What time does it get dark in February...?

I am SO interested in the Botanical gardens. MAGNOLIAS! It's not too far from the Library and Legion of Honor too (thanks Bianca!). Unfortunately all three closes at 5-6pm and I arrive only at 2pm. I think I must make a difficult choice between the three.

I'd love to meet you guys for dinner maybe? Or you are free to join me at the garden or library so you can drag me out of there, lol!
OPENINKSTAND // website | blog |instagramyoutube

Offline Entropy

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2016, 02:46:37 PM »
My favorite part of the botanical garden was always the carnivorous plants lol- they're closely related to orchids so some of them produce gorgeous, long lasting, and fragrant (all the better to attract dem bugs) blooms as well. If you haven't been to SF/north bay before (and can manage it) you totally should extend your vacay- there's so much cool stuff to see and do and with all the relatives and friends who've visited over the years I've more or less figured out how to do it without breaking the bank.

Offline Ergative

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2016, 10:41:08 AM »
If you're going to be in Berkeley proper, there is a lovely botanical garden associated with the university, which also has carnivorous plants. Also, there are magnolias all over the Berkeley campus. So you might get your plant viewing done in Berkeley, rather than trying to cram two excursions into your SF visiting.
Clara

Offline Briana

• Love is all you need!
    • View Profile
    • Pickles 'N Voda
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2016, 03:46:46 PM »
So many awesome places! I really regret not extending my vacation by a couple extra days!!
What time does it get dark in February...?

I am SO interested in the Botanical gardens. MAGNOLIAS! It's not too far from the Library and Legion of Honor too (thanks Bianca!). Unfortunately all three closes at 5-6pm and I arrive only at 2pm. I think I must make a difficult choice between the three.

I'd love to meet you guys for dinner maybe? Or you are free to join me at the garden or library so you can drag me out of there, lol!

Too bad you can't come up to wine country! I'll be waving to you!
Briana, aka Pickles 'N Vodka-- landscape designer, aspiring calligrapher, top-notch goofball
(facebook | 365 Messages of Love)