Author Topic: What's going on in your guild?  (Read 1235 times)

Offline schin

• Super Hero Member
  • Las Vegas
    • View Profile
    • Openinkstand
What's going on in your guild?
« on: April 07, 2015, 04:49:01 PM »
I thought this would be a fun place to keep each other updated on what our guilds are doing at the moment, any for-public workshops or events that non-members may want to join.

This month the Fabulous Las Vegas Scribes are organizing a walk and lunch tour of Downtown Vegas... there is a new indie bookstore there that is offering us space to conduct classes so we're checking it out. Last month our guild meeting focused on book page construction and this month we will be focusing on illumination and gilding. Super excited!

Please feel free to share and update as more events are planned!
OPENINKSTAND // website | blog |instagramyoutube

Offline Moya

• Super Hero Member
  • all your gold are belong to me
    • View Profile
    • Calligraphy by Moya
Re: What's going on in your guild?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 09:46:28 PM »
At the CSV we are gearing up for Summer School in Winter - it takes sssoooo much organising!  This is the first year I have been 'behind the scenes' in the organisation and I'm a bit in awe of how much time and effort everyone puts into this.

(I got into the two classes I wanted - a three-day workshop on shell gold techniques in Persian and Indian manuscripts with Anita Chowdry, and one on italic miniscules with Elmo van Slingerland - I'm pretty excited!)

We also are running several workshops before SSiW that are aimed at getting people up to speed to join in the classes - I'll have more information about these in the next couple of weeks (once the flyers have gone out to members, then we can post about it to the general public, but we like to give members the first shot at classes).