Author Topic: It's Madness But It's Fun  (Read 734 times)

Offline RoughDiamond

• View Profile
It's Madness But It's Fun
« on: November 06, 2021, 10:25:10 AM »
I believe that we should all be having fun with our calligraphy regardless of the style(s) we choose to study. This is just a mad but fun piece for a challenge elsewhere.....just don't forget to have some fun in among all the discipline.

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
Re: It's Madness But It's Fun
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 11:07:21 AM »
I believe that we should all be having fun with our calligraphy regardless of the style(s) we choose to study. This is just a mad but fun piece for a challenge elsewhere.....just don't forget to have some fun in among all the discipline.
@RoughDiamond

Nicely done.

Yes, it's important to have fun along the way--easy to forget amid these challenging times--as it provides a cushion for the unexpected hard times.

What is the challenge of which you speak (if it can be shared)?

Offline RoughDiamond

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2021, 11:24:41 AM »
@RoughDiamond

Nicely done.

Yes, it's important to have fun along the way--easy to forget amid these challenging times--as it provides a cushion for the unexpected hard times.

What is the challenge of which you speak (if it can be shared)?

Thank you and as I say...it's a bit of fun.

The challenge was set by Ashok Giri (who I know is on this forum) in the FaceBook group "Copperplate Script For All". Erica is also a member there. The challenge was set for a bit of fun.

In that group I have just done a post which recommends Erica's forum as a place to visit but @Erica, if I've broken any of your rules with this reply I apologise and please delete it. :)

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2021, 11:37:51 AM »

Thank you and as I say...it's a bit of fun.

The challenge was set by Ashok Giri (who I know is on this forum) in the FaceBook group "Copperplate Script For All". Erica is also a member there. The challenge was set for a bit of fun.

In that group I have just done a post which recommends Erica's forum as a place to visit but @Erica, if I've broken any of your rules with this reply I apologise and please delete it. :)
@RoughDiamond
I see. Yes, Ashok is well known here. Very talented.
I'll have to pass on this challenge, as I have no facebook, instagram, twitter, etc. accounts, but will post a fun thing here bye and bye, perhaps in this thread.
I'm sure Erica would be fine with posting a reference to FF on Facebook. Might even get a few of the curious to post here.

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2021, 12:06:13 PM »
Wonderful! And wow - that’s beautiful! I saw your lovely post - no rules broken - just the opposite. I am very grateful of your kind words and the recommendation. Thank you for sharing!  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Zivio

• Foment Compassion, Practice Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2021, 05:07:37 PM »
@RoughDiamond I instantly recognized that beautiful ChicOblique Curv-E, having recently acquired that exact English yew and ebony wood model! We must have similar wood/design aesthetics.  Now, if only I could get mine to perform as remarkably as yours ...  ;D
Foment Compassion, Practice Peace