Author Topic: Day 30 - 2023: Rush  (Read 349 times)

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
Day 30 - 2023: Rush
« on: October 30, 2023, 02:21:56 PM »
Rush

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
Re: Day 30 - 2023: Rush
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 02:26:56 PM »
Gorgeous!!

Janis

Offline Cyril Jayant

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/jaycyril
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 02:32:46 PM »

Lovely work Mike ! ;D

Inktober 23 - Day 30 challenge

Rush In the world of peanut  seems more Fun to snoopy  :o

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2023, 04:53:07 PM »
Terrific work @Cyril Jayant and @AnasaziWrites . Looks like fun to me @Cyril Jayant ! And Mike - your consistency is on point!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline K-2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2023, 11:41:09 PM »
@AnasaziWrites - oh, Mike, that is some ravishing Spencerian! (what ink, please?)

@Cyril Jayant - Such terrific movement and fluidity in that piece!

And @Lucie Y - The ink on the "Massive/eXtra-large" elephants is Diamine's "Earl Grey", another of my go-to grey inks for the superb chroma-effects. I think of it as the warm non-shimmer counterpart to the Atlas Iron Ore ink.

I already had Atlas Iron Ore out, so I used it to draw the capital for today's "Rush" - but now that I have a satisfactory R for my alphabet (thanks, "Remove") I can substitute "Urgent" for "Rush" so that I get a U.

And that was the last letter I needed for a complete A-Z. I'll post about that at the after-party. ONE MORE DAY!

Offline Lucie Y

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2023, 02:25:03 AM »
Oh awesome work everyone!
I had great calligraphy plans for last night, but I lay down at 9pm and fell asleep. And now 10 hours later I have just woken up and still squinting through sleepy eyes.
See you tonight everyone!
Oh crêpe!

Offline Cyril Jayant

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/jaycyril
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2023, 05:43:36 AM »
Beautiful work and @AnasaziWrites   amazing work and fine Spencerian Mike .
@K-2  lovely  work and it is fantastic Awesome  colour application.
@Erica McPhee thank you always for your kind thoughts  . Much appreciate it.
@Lucie Y we are always waiting for your return.
Have a good day everyone and cheers !!!

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2023, 10:32:55 AM »
@AnasaziWrites - oh, Mike, that is some ravishing Spencerian! (what ink, please?)
You're too kind.
The ink is McCafffery's Red-Violet. I had originally tried to use Ziller's Nasturtium Orange on deep blue paper, but the thins totally disappeared. Trying various white papers, the ink seemed to be too thin, so I added more and more gum arabic and still couldn't slow the flow, so in the interest of time, switched inks and used my go to paper--Strathmore 400 Bristol Smooth.
One problem I have not been able to fix, is the fuzziness of the scanned image. I have a 4K monitor, so I don't think it is that. I generally scan at 100 to 150 dpi, in order to keep the image page-seized or a little bigger, even when clicked upon to enlarge. Scanning at higher resolution makes the image clearer, but when clicked upon, one loses the "forest " for the trees, so to speak. Also, Erica pays for storage on FF, so I try to keep the image size the minumum that does the job, well below the max size of 1.5 mb.
Way back, I hosted the pictures elsewhere (photobucket) and even hi-res photos looked great on FF, but realized when the photos were removed from photobucket (or the account closed), they disappeared on FF (I'd seen that happen with other posters who moved on from FF or changed hosting sites). Eventually, I moved all the photobucket photos to FF and closed the account, so as to not have these photos disappear on FF (there are no free accounts on Photobucket anymore as well).
Thoughts?
And that was the last letter I needed for a complete A-Z. I'll post about that at the after-party. ONE MORE DAY!
Loved the PO box, Ironic when paired with "urgent."
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 10:35:35 AM by AnasaziWrites »

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2023, 12:55:25 PM »
@K-2 I am in love with that mailbox!!!!!

@AnasaziWrites - I am so disappointed in the whole 3rd party photo sharing that I encouraged when we first started Flourish. As I have had so many photos go missing from my tutorials, etc. I wish I had just posted it all directly. There are several options for resizing for web while retaining quality. I am linking it in a new thread to help stay on topic.

How to Resize for Web

Hope that helps!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram