Tutorials > General How To's & Projects

Pointed Pen Calligraphy Supplies - Starter Kit

<< < (2/6) > >>

Emily:
Oh, thanks, I've been looking for some cheaper paper now that some of my good stuff is starting to run down, but wasn't sure what to get!  :)

Selle.A:

--- Quote from: Erica McPhee on January 06, 2014, 04:43:22 PM ---I use the HP Premium Choice Laser ($17/500 sheets) almost exclusively unless I need to lay out a larger piece. I just bought HP Bright White Inkjet ($12/500 sheets) and it isn't as smooth as the Laser but it seems to work fine! And it's $5 less per ream.

Since the majority of my work is for reproduction it's almost all I use!

--- End quote ---

Hi Erica,

I don't know what ink you use when you use a plain HP premium paper but mine feathers with an India Ink especially with Higgins Eternal. Does it do that with yours as well?

Erica McPhee:
Hi, I'm so sorry to hear that. Is it the laser paper or the inkjet? I use the laser and use walnut ink, McCaffrey's, and Sumi. None of them feather. Higgins does tend to feather more than other inks though.

Selle.A:
I'm not sure if its laser or inkjet but I think you're right-I noticed when I use Higgins it feathers like crazy compare to my India ink.

Thanks!

Kate Knowles:
Hi!

I am new here and I was just wondering what is the difference between the two sets of holders? I did some calligraphy in high school, but it was with straightholders and so long ago!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version