Author Topic: Some inspiration...  (Read 7300 times)

Offline Blotbot

• Super Hero Member
  • Follow your bliss.
    • View Profile
Re: Some inspiration...
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2014, 12:00:46 PM »
The Lupfer script is very interesting.  I am no expert, but it looks like a hybrid between copperplate and Spencerian.  The miniscules look like copperplate to me, while the majuscules look with Spencerian, with the wedge shaped descenders. 

Offline Perfectsettings

• View Profile
    • Perfect Settings
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 12:05:03 PM »
Martin, I in no way am being critical - I have no room to do so... I'm a very, very newbie.  My "D's" may never look as good as this one.  I simply don't like the look of the letter D.  Same goes for L.  *shrug*  Just an off handed observation. 
Daisy
Lover of all things beautiful.

Offline thistledesignstudio

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 12:32:36 PM »
Beautiful!   :D
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Blog  |  Instagram

Offline Martín

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 12:53:05 PM »
The Lupfer script is very interesting.  I am no expert, but it looks like a hybrid between copperplate and Spencerian.  The miniscules look like copperplate to me, while the majuscules look with Spencerian, with the wedge shaped descenders.

it is precisely that, with some liberties taken on the copperplate ('t' cross-bars, some 'd's).

Offline Martín

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 01:29:23 PM »
Martin, I in no way am being critical - I have no room to do so... I'm a very, very newbie.  My "D's" may never look as good as this one.  I simply don't like the look of the letter D.  Same goes for L.  *shrug*  Just an off handed observation.

I don't see any problem with that, really. It's a matter of taste. It's probably still a good idea to practice it, as it's part of the script, but nothing prevents you from using other forms for both 'D' and 'L'.

You can see alternate forms for both by one of the greatest ornamental penmen ever (Madarász) below:

Maybe you'll like those better.

Cheers,
 Martín

Offline schin

• Super Hero Member
  • Las Vegas
    • View Profile
    • Openinkstand
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 07:35:02 PM »
Augh those are so perfect that it hurts to look at.. and to think that the original is probably 300% smaller than that..!!  :'(
OPENINKSTAND // website | blog |instagramyoutube