Author Topic: Hi from Ohio!  (Read 355 times)

Offline jordantruster

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Hi from Ohio!
« on: March 23, 2023, 03:41:49 PM »
Hi everyone! My name is Jordan 🙂 I came across this forum while doing some Spencerian research and wow--I wish I knew about it years ago! Erica, this is such a wonderful, knowledgeable, and talented community!!

My first experience with calligraphy was at age 11 when I took an Italic Calligraphy class. I always loved creative hand lettering throughout high school and college, and first picked up a pointed pen in 2015. Fell in love with Copperplate immediately then learned brush calligraphy and flourishing, learned how to use Procreate (iPad) in 2017, and started practicing Spencerian in 2018. Now I love doing Spencerian on my iPad.

I attached a few photos my Spencerian work (2 iPad, 1 on paper)-- you can see I also love combining flourished birds with Spencerian, and night sky themes :)

More about me: Originally from the Cleveland area, I now live near Dayton, Ohio with my husband and 2 daughters (2.5year old and 8mo). In college, I majored in Mechanical Engineering and minored in Music (clarinet). I worked as an engineer for a few years and now I am a full-time mom and business owner. My twin sister Jillian and I are the cofounders of Loveleigh Loops and we teach a variety of online courses about calligraphy and iPad lettering. I absolutely LOVE learning from other calligraphers because everyone has a different perspective and approach.
- Jordan

My Instagram

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from Ohio!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 06:48:39 PM »
Hi Jordan!
Welcome! So happy you have joined us. Your Spencerian is absolutely gorgeous! I saw a little bit in your most recent email and was definitely impressed.

Let us know if you have any questions as you poke around. Thanks for posting an intro!  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline jordantruster

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2023, 03:10:40 PM »
Thank you very much, Erica! 💕
- Jordan

My Instagram

Offline Cyril Jayant

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/jaycyril
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2023, 07:24:46 PM »
Hi there @jordantruster .
I missed your present and this thread.
So I stopped by say hello and just quick compliment about your writing.

It is gorges  and fine work.
welcome to the forum  ;D