Author Topic: We are moving to Tennessee!  (Read 3050 times)

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
We are moving to Tennessee!
« on: February 13, 2020, 11:21:08 AM »
This has been a very difficult decision for our family but we are happy to say we will be moving to Franklin/Nashville, TN this summer. It’s very strange that we attended an IAMPETH convention in Franklin and a year later, my husband’s company moved there! He has been commuting from FL for the past couple of years.

I am very excited to be moving so close to Paper & Ink Arts! How lucky is that?!  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Bianca M

• Super Hero Member
  • Tempus Fugit
    • View Profile
    • Bianca Mascorro Calligraphy & Art
Re: We are moving to Tennessee!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 02:35:58 PM »
Lucky indeed!  Good luck with the move, and you know we will want to see photos of your new studio space when you've settled in.  In the meantime, you know you can count on us if you need help with the forum!

Offline darrin1200

• View Profile
    • Timber Elegance Pens
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 07:29:33 AM »
That’s wonderful Erica. I wish you and your family the greatest of luck in your move.
Darrin McArthur
Timber Elegance ~ Handcrafted Writing Instruments

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 08:52:38 AM »
@Erica McPhee :  Well, no more hurricane worries for you! :-)  Congratulations on your upcoming move!  I know that you will enjoy Tennessee!  And, being close to PIA is like being close to heaven!

Janis

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 08:59:15 AM »
Best of luck, Erica. Moving can be difficult on so many levels, but Franklin is a lovely town, and I expect you'll enjoy it.

Offline handmadeletters

• Janice Reyes
    • View Profile
    • Handmade Letters
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 10:05:40 AM »
Oh, wow! That's exciting, and you can't go wrong being close to Paper & Ink Arts! (Or maybe that's a dangerous thing.) Good luck with the move, Erica!

Offline Estefa

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Federflug
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2020, 06:05:53 AM »
Oh, you’re moving again!! Wishing you not too much stress and that you’ll like your new home :)!
Stefanie :: Website :: Blog :: Instagram

Offline Katie Leavens

• View Profile
    • Portfolio website
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 12:50:34 PM »
Good luck with the move Erica! I grew up in North Nashville and  it was a great place to grow up. My mom always dreamed of living in the Franklin area, we would go open houses there often on the weekends.

Offline cejohnson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 07:20:45 PM »
I am so happy for you Erica. No more hurricanes and the family will all be together.

I hope you will love the Nashville area. I use to live in Manchester (south of Nashville; north of Chattanooga) and we use to go to Nashville for weekend outings to shop at the mall. I loved the weather (although a little humid in the summer) and the people and food.

How exciting. What an adventure to look forward to.
"The expert at anything was once a beginner." - Helen Hayes

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 01:48:06 PM »
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. It is bittersweet really. We worked so hard on our home here in FL - and my studio is a dream come true. To have to leave it now is a bit heartbreaking. But I am trying not to be attached to an object.

@Katie Leavens That makes me encouraged to know about Franklin. It's so expensive - I am worried about finding a house. But I really like the area so far on our scouting trips.

@cejohnson - YES - no more hurricanes. Although we will be trading them for tornadoes. I'm not sure which is worse. At least we have advance notice of hurricanes. No advance notice of tornadoes. Might be a bit scarier.  :-\  But definitely an adventure! Thanks!  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Mary_M

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2020, 12:03:50 PM »
I'm envious. I dream of leaving Florida some day.

Offline Emilyrose

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
    • Extras by Emily Website
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2020, 09:20:53 PM »
I'm just catching up on Forum news after a few weeks - I hope you have not yet moved and you weren't caught in the tornados earlier this week! 

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. It is bittersweet really. We worked so hard on our home here in FL - and my studio is a dream come true. To have to leave it now is a bit heartbreaking. But I am trying not to be attached to an object.

@Katie Leavens That makes me encouraged to know about Franklin. It's so expensive - I am worried about finding a house. But I really like the area so far on our scouting trips.

@cejohnson - YES - no more hurricanes. Although we will be trading them for tornadoes. I'm not sure which is worse. At least we have advance notice of hurricanes. No advance notice of tornadoes. Might be a bit scarier.  :-\  But definitely an adventure! Thanks!  ;D

Offline passionforwriting

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2020, 11:52:35 AM »
That's so exciting Erica! Congratulations! I remember meeting you at the Franklin IAMPETH and loved the city. Best wishes on your move!

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2020, 12:06:31 PM »
@Emilyrose  Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Thankfully we have not yet. The devastation is so sad. It also makes me really nervous to move to that area. But I don't have a choice.  :-[  Thank you for thinking of me.

@passionforwriting Wasn't that fun! My family came with me and we joke about how odd it is that we are moving there now! But we do really love the area. Hope we can see each other again soon!  ;D :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Lyric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2020, 07:40:17 AM »
This has been a very difficult decision for our family but we are happy to say we will be moving to Franklin/Nashville, TN this summer.

Hot dang!  You're next door.  My hubby's girlfriend lives there.   LOL, that is what I call his bestie, Tom.  Oh, and my bestie moved there last week or so; wonderful career move.  I truly hope it is all she needs it to be.
Cheerfully,
Lyric