Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hello List 2 Folks :)

Just dropped mine in the mail today!

-Aries

Well Ill be going by the post office again today :( 6 of my 7 were returned with a note that they are not machine able. Bummed they didn't mention that when I handed it to them at the counter :(
Design & Layout / Re: Guideline alternatives...
« Last post by Erica McPhee on Today at 12:12:12 PM »
And might I say, Absolutely Brilliant method! Thank you @jeanwilson !
Open Flourish | General Discussion / Re: Help w hairlines
« Last post by Erica McPhee on Today at 12:10:06 PM »
@Zivio Even though this is Engrosserís Script, I thought you might find this of interest in relation to drills.  :)
Hello List 2 Folks :)

Just dropped mine in the mail today!

-Aries
That's great. Dropped mine in the mail yesterday and, a pleasant surprise, received two the same day. Only took 4 days to arrive (including a weekend). Thank you Sandy and Robert. I enjoyed them both very much.
Spencerian Script / Re: No drills club
« Last post by Erica McPhee on Today at 12:00:51 PM »
I have been learning to play the cello and I understand exactly how that comes into play.  ;D However, I would encourage you to try some of the drills (no letters) as it will strengthen your whole arm movement greatly.

In a similar manner to what you are saying @Zivio if one only practices letters and words, without composition or finished pieces, there can only be so much progress.  :)
Introductions / Re: Greetings from the Pacific Northwest!
« Last post by Erica McPhee on Today at 11:57:50 AM »
Hi Karl, @Zivio
We are so happy you joined us!  ;D I enjoyed reading your journey with handwriting. I find those of us with coding/programming/analytical skills often go hand in hand with calligraphy (did you see what I did there?).  ;D I was also inspired by my teacher in sixth grade who also learned in Catholic school and later in life but an executive I worked with who had the most beautiful penmanship I had seen yet and also learned in Catholic school although by his recount of learning was not very fond of the process.  ;)

I did the same as you and went back to basics several years ago in order to relearn how the masters did and utilize whole arm movement. Worth every bit of effort!

I hope you dig in to the archives here as we have so many good Spencerian posts. And hopefully you will join an exchange so you can share your progress with us.
Welcome to Flourish!
Open Flourish | General Discussion / Re: Contest: Who wrote this?
« Last post by AnasaziWrites on Today at 11:52:14 AM »
Thank you @AnasaziWrites for the wonderful letter I received today.

The 604ef is a wonderful gift.  I love the lettering on the envelop, your penmanship is exemplary.

Thank you.

You are most welcome. Thanks for playing.
Expect another fun little something this week (if the mail delivery is good).

Tools & Supplies / Re: Oblique Holder for Business Writing?
« Last post by Erica McPhee on Today at 11:51:37 AM »
Oh wow! That is beautiful! Thank you for sharing.  :)
I am in love with this P!  :-*
Open Flourish | General Discussion / Re: Contest: Who wrote this?
« Last post by InkyFingers on Today at 09:50:05 AM »
Thank you @AnasaziWrites for the wonderful letter I received today.

The 604ef is a wonderful gift.  I love the lettering on the envelop, your penmanship is exemplary.

Thank you.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10