Author Topic: Schin Loong is Teaching at IAMPETH this Summer!!  (Read 819 times)

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
Schin Loong is Teaching at IAMPETH this Summer!!
« on: February 18, 2020, 02:03:06 PM »
Our very own, Schin, is going to be an instructor at IAMPETH in Atlanta this summer.! As many of you know, Schin is an artist and also a calligrapher with beautiful Spencerian script.  She has a new book out (available at JNB, where I purchased a copy), teaching how to draw animals and incorporate calligraphy into the drawing.  Her class at IAMPETH is on that topic.  The brochure for the conference contains a beautiful tiger, with "Be Fierce" incorporated on his midsection.  This is a great opportunity and her class is advertised as being for "all skill levels"!  If you can make your way to Atlanta July 6 - 11, you will have a real treat if you can get into Schin's class.  I met Schin at Portland's IAMPETH Conference 4 years ago & she is a lovely, gracious person.  I couldn't draw my way out of a paper bag, so I don't know if I'll take her specific class, but I definitely would like to challenge her "all skill levels" contention! :-)  I'm going to be deciding in the next few weeks whether or not I am going to go to Atlanta.  (I went to Denver last year & enjoyed every day of it!  I couldn't believe how much I learned!)  At any rate, if you're on the fence about going to IAMPETH, I hope that Schin teaching will prompt you to get off the fence & sign up!

Janis

Offline KacyBG

• View Profile
Re: Schin Loong is Teaching at IAMPETH this Summer!!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 03:38:36 PM »
I have her book and enjoy browsing through it--I'm not brave enough to take on her fierce tiger, though. That might take a few years! She is amazing. :)

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 12:44:18 PM »
I'll be in her class at the convention (assuming it doesn't get cancelled). Anyone else?

Offline Elizabeth O.

• View Profile
    • Elizabeth Oxenfeld
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 12:53:48 PM »
I'll be in her class at the convention (assuming it doesn't get cancelled). Anyone else?

I'll be there!!!  I am SO pumped.

I'm also taking:
Bill Kemp: Engrosser’s Script
Suzanne Cunningham: Envelopes & Etiquette
Jake Weidmann: An Introduction to Spencerian Script
Marian Gault: Old English Blackletter
All my best -- Elizabeth O.

Website | Instagram

Offline sheila247

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 09:17:19 AM »
I too will be in her class.  I am trying not to get too excited - in case it gets cancelled.