Author Topic: Roaring 20's & 20/20 Vision Exchange Sign Ups are Now Closed.  (Read 3461 times)

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
(Sign ups are now closed.) We are running out of time so I have combined the Roaring 20s and 20/20 Vision Exchanges together. They work well together. The Roaring 20's can be your interpretation - something Gatsby style or something reflective of this crazy 2020! Quo Vadis (where are you going?) and 20/20 vision can look to the future. What do you think will happen after this crazy year? What do you hope will happen. Or, what do you see more clearly now?

Postmark Deadline: Wed, Aug 26, 2020

YOU MUST SIGN UP VIA THE FORM ABOVE OR YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED SIGNED UP. You should receive a confirmation email.

NOTE:

1. If you did not complete a past exchange you signed up for, you cannot participate.
2. If you will be busy and cannot meet your obligation, please do not sign up. It is not OK to think, "Life happens" and not fulfill your obligation. It is OK if circumstances require you to send your exchanges late, however, you will still not be able to participate in an exchange until yours are sent.
3. You must be a registered, activated member and you must have made at least one post, introductory or otherwise, in order to participate.

As always, the following guidelines apply:

1. Calligraphy should be used on both your exchange insert and envelope.
2. You will send a card to every member on your list (typically 7-9 members).
3. Must be related to the theme.
4. All skill levels welcome!
5. If you end up not being able to participate, please contact me ASAP. If you don't send your cards after the list has gone out, you will not be able to participate in the next exchange.
6. You must sign up before the deadline. No late sign ups.
7. HAVE FUN!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 05:39:03 PM by Erica McPhee »
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Starlee

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
Re: Roaring 20's & 20/20 Vision Exchange Sign Ups are Now Open!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 07:49:35 PM »
This sounds like a roaring good time. How could I not?
Star

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 08:29:33 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline nicole.t

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 10:36:51 PM »
Question - since this one combines 2 themes, do you send 2 envelopes? Pick one of them and use that for the envelope & insert? Still send one envelope but combine the two themes between the envelope design and the insert?

Thanks!

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 07:43:09 AM »
Good question @nicole.t ! Sorry I wasn’t more clear. You pick just one and send one envelope, one insert.  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline nicole.t

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 06:32:27 PM »
Thanks, @Erica McPhee! :D

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
Roaring 20's & 20/20 Vision Exchange
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 09:22:49 AM »
@passionforwriting @waterconfidence @Barbara Jane mitchell @handmadeletters @Natalie419 @Jennifer J
@Starlee @nicole.t @TeresaS @Erica McPhee
Greetings all,
I'm trying to determine if there is a problem unique to the Atlanta USPS system, The USPS in general, or my envelopes in particular.
During the Quarantine exchange, I included one to my wife at her office  (15 miles away), and it took 15 days to be delivered. After 2 weeks, I sent a replacement, thinking it was lost for good, and naturally, the first envelope came the next day. The replacement took 6 days to be delivered. Only the name of the addressee was in script, the address being printed so as to make it easier to read.
I've sent each of you a Roaring 20's envelope on 19 August, 2020, once again with the name only in script, the address printed. The one to my wife has yet to arrive six days later. Has anyone received an envelope from me yet? If so, when did it arrive?
I'll mention also, that the envelopes are gold metallic with ivory ink, which, in low light, are somewhat hard to read, but in bright light are easily legible. Yesterday, the clerk at the PO who hand cancelled a similar envelope from me asked if any had been returned to me, as they might be a little tricky to read by the mail sorting machine. None has, at least so far.
I've received only one from the list (thanks, Teresa--it was wonderful), not that I was expecting any, as most wait until the last day (tomorrow) or so to send them out.

Offline Starlee

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
Re: Roaring 20's & 20/20 Vision Exchange Sign Ups are Now Closed.
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2020, 09:33:14 AM »
Hi Michael, I haven't received anything yet. I am almost done mine and hope to have them in the mail by Friday. I am sorry for my late send off, but science work imposed a last-minute deadline these past couple of weeks that I had to prioritize
Star

Offline passionforwriting

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2020, 10:53:25 AM »
Hi everyone!

I haven't received yours yet Michael. Happy to let you know when it arrives. The mail has been unpredictable here too. I sent a large envelope to the same local address several times and it would arrive within a few days. The last envelope didn't arrive for 2 weeks and it was addressed in large full flourished calligraphy like the others. I know the post office is overwhelmed and I'm sure there's extra delays with the new administration. I'll keep you posted.

P.S. Just mailed mine yesterday!

Offline Jennifer J

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2020, 12:36:02 PM »
@AnasaziWrites I received yours on Monday  :D  so hopefully the rest come through soon!

Mine are going out a little late... this start to the school year is keeping me busy!

Jennifer
Jennifer

My instagram @topazwave

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2020, 12:55:33 PM »
@AnasaziWrites I received yours on Monday  :D  so hopefully the rest come through soon!

Jennifer
Oh, that's good news. Thank you.

Offline TeresaS

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2020, 01:33:12 PM »
Hi everyone!  I haven’t received anything yet, but our mail goes up to Michigan first.... I’ve tracked a few packages this summer and some of them have bounced around to several different postal sites before finally making it down to us. I think too that the post offices are a little overwhelmed.  Our mail definitely takes longer than it used to, but I think eventually we do receive everything....fingers crossed!
Teresa

Offline waterconfidence

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2020, 06:37:41 PM »
HI Everyone,
We had three days last week when we did not receive any mail...we had local flooding. Our mail delivery has been spotty at best all summer. I will let you know when I receive your written treasures.
Be Well,
Judy

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2020, 07:23:13 PM »
I received mine today and was just logging on to tell you! My husband and I are big fans and we are sitting here swooning over it. Well done! So beautiful! Thank you!  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline handmadeletters

• Janice Reyes
    • View Profile
    • Handmade Letters
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2020, 10:30:47 AM »
@AnasaziWrites Michael, haven't received yours yet, but shall check again later today.

The post indeed has been screwy. It took two weeks plus for me to receive first-class mail from Ohio, and then a mere two days for a letter from me in DC to my family in Pittsburgh. Talk about random!

Dropping my envelopes off late as well. Sorry, folks!
Impressed by all you punctual scribes...and relieved to be in the same, not so punctual, company of others. :)