Author Topic: Copperplate/cursive international pen pal  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Zoso

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Copperplate/cursive international pen pal
« on: May 10, 2016, 12:53:38 PM »
Hello!

In a nutshell: My name is Zosia (Sophie), I'm a girl from Poznań in Poland, born in 1998, looking for a snail mail pen pal around my age ('99-'96), from Europe, America or the rest of the world ; ) I'm a beginner in Copperplate, Modern Calligraphy & cursive.

And a bit more: I've wanted to have a pen pal for a long time, but never had one before, and now that I've been learning calligraphy for a year, I want to use it in practice, ha! I'm really excited to be doing that! As I said, I write in Copperplate and Modern calligraphy styles, but I don't know if it works well for long letters or just the envelope... I'll probably use my poor cursive for the main part, but I have to try and check how it works. While my Copperplate is quite good already, I'm still looking for my way to write in cursive. I want to try Spencerian in the future as well. You can write in any script you want, but if you practice the same ones, it would be lovely! Anyway, calligraphy is just an excuse here, so I expect more of a cultural exchange and a long term friend!

About me: I'm interested in drawing, photography, rock climbing, hiking, sailing, windsurfing and a little bit of astronomy. I'm in the second year of high school and I want to study graphic design. I've been learning English for around 12 years now, I know basic German and started learning Spanish recently. I hope that though these letters I can give my English a brush as well. I'm kinda shy, but passionate about meeting new people. I like reading books, few of my favourite include On the road, Into the wild, Fight club, The Secret history, Dead poets society, and Nausea. I had been playing drums, but made a break from practicing lately. I like listening to Pearl Jam, The Doors, Mumford and Sons, and some other random classic rock, grunge or folk artists. I'm trying to use phone and the Internet in general less (kind of failing at it), and I hope to have a good friendship in old-fashioned way.

If you're interested - write me an email first ([email protected]), so I'll give you my full address! Then, introduce yourself in the first letter : )
PS: here's my instagram if you want to check out my work: https://www.instagram.com/yosemitecalligraphy
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 12:59:28 PM by Zoso »

Offline silvereye

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Re: Copperplate/cursive international pen pal
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 08:17:56 AM »
The instagram account doesnt appear to work