Author Topic: Don't cry over spilled ink. A newbie calligrapher's diary.  (Read 10090 times)

Offline Perfectsettings

• View Profile
    • Perfect Settings
Re: Don't cry over spilled ink. A newbie calligrapher's diary.
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2014, 09:02:01 PM »
Joi, I 3rd that... both my kids are professionals and they watch Nick Jr. until Nick at night came on (you guys remember Hello Katie and the show with the cops with the car #54?  Loved it!).  It happens.  Ease up on yourself.  Momming is hard enough!  Besides, you're going to blink one day and your kids will be walking down the aisle.   :-\
Daisy
Lover of all things beautiful.

Offline Lynn Lantz

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2014, 04:16:09 PM »
I hope it's okay to reply to an old thread - new to the forum here so let me know what's what if I do something wrong!  ;)

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself as a newbie newbie and say YES my house is a mess and my hands are covered with ink and now there are sheets of paper with ink drying on them everywhere. If it gets set down, it's liable to be covered with a sheet of drying paper. Meals are becoming simpler because there is writing practice to do and we're exploring the intriguing depths of the freezer and pantry because I don't want to take time out to go to the store.

I don't know what I'm doing and every couple days I have readjusted my materials and setup to the new tips I keep finding on here. I started with a straight pen holder, then switched to an oblique. I was sitting with a pad on my lap and now I've dug out the old lightbox from my husband's slideshow days. I'm using my fountain pen ink while waiting for my new ink and nibs and a better holder to arrive in the mail. I filed a complaint to one company and the USPS last week because the tracking said a package was delivered and I assured them it was NOT - only to step out onto my porch later and find the box there by the door. (I apologized to everyone!  :-[)

Ellen, your work is beautiful! I'll be sharing my work on the forum too, when I've moved beyond lines and curves and the minuscule - Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2014, 07:46:33 PM »
LOL Lynn! I can relate! I declared tonight "Sandwich Night!"  :D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline JostenD

• View Profile
    • Josten Dooley Design
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2014, 07:01:23 AM »
At first I did not take calligraphy serious at all. But the more I got into practicing the lovely art of calligraphy I started to enjoy it more. Also seeing how horrible my first attempts were compared to how I am now. Basically seeing progress made me continue to keep improving my calligraphy.
Instagram.com/JostenDooley