General Categories > Spencerian Script

Marking guidelines/baselines on "finished products" - how, and with what?

<< < (2/4) > >>

AnasaziWrites:
@Zivio

Hey, Karl,

In the event you would like to use a pencil, I'd recommend a Pentel Orenz PP502, 0.2.
Using just the weight of the pencil so as not to indent the paper, you can make guidelines of a very fine nature, which, when erased, disappear completely. The lines can be non-linear, as the project demands as well.

Zivio:
@AnasaziWrites  Ah, thanks!  While I've got that laser level on order, I love having a specific pencil/marker recommendation that has worked out well.  Also good to have backup in case batteries go out, and/or I'm working at candle light -- how quaint!

InkyFingers:
I love using a etched line as a guide line for broad pen calligraphy.  However, with pointed pens, I use a pencil with very light pressure and no erasure.

My pointed pens seem to skip and splattered ink effects.  And when I do use the erasure....smudge lines syndrome comes to mind.

Does anyone use an etched line?

Erica McPhee:
Ooh, thank you for the recommendation @AnasaziWrites . Iím going to get one, too.  :)

jeanwilson:

--- Quote from: InkyFingers on December 13, 2021, 10:14:02 PM ---I love using a etched line as a guide line for broad pen calligraphy.  However, with pointed pens, I use a pencil with very light pressure and no erasure.

Does anyone use an etched line?

--- End quote ---

If by etched line, you mean just pressing a blunt stylus into the paper, then - yes - I've done that a lot. It was my favorite way to do place cards.
On a lot of papers, you don't even need to press hard enough to make a dent - you can make line that shows up just enough that you can see it - but the light has to be hitting it just the right way.

I also have many suggestions for various devices (usually file folders) where you learn to write just above the edge of the file folder. This topic came up a while ago and I think I mentioned that I had a very cool folded paper device (made by Peter Thornton - that I would share - but first, I had to find it. I have found it - but I am headed out of town for a couple weeks -- so will post it some time in January.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version