Author Topic: ADVANCED EXCHANGE: Offhand Flourishing 2015  (Read 11021 times)

Offline Andrew H

• View Profile
Re: ADVANCED EXCHANGE: Offhand Flourishing 2015
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2015, 01:09:02 PM »
We mere mortals want to see pictures!! ;)
Andrew

@andrewdh

Offline Matthew_R

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2015, 01:55:56 PM »
Not getting to see the exchange pieces people are raving about makes me feel like I'm seven years old and somebody's chained me to my bed on Christmas morning.

Offline marilyns

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2015, 05:47:28 PM »
Maybe next year after Jake's class at IAMPETH.

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2015, 10:18:20 AM »
Not getting to see the exchange pieces people are raving about makes me feel like I'm seven years old and somebody's chained me to my bed on Christmas morning.
Don't feel bad--I suspect most of the members of this exchange have not finished making their entries yet, as the deadline to post is June 23, and most people wait until close to the deadline to mail them. After the deadline plus a week or two so everyone has received theirs, the results will be posted (hopefully), although less than half the people in the "Mimic a Master" exchange published their submissions (unfortunately).

Offline Matthew_R

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2015, 11:35:05 AM »
That's helpful to know.  Thanks.

Of course, seven-year-old me still wants to see everything right now, but he'll have to learn to wait.  Perhaps I'll learn some offhand flourishing in the meantime.

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2015, 02:58:14 PM »
Received my second submission to the Offhand flourish exchange. I'm so happy to be in this exchange.
 @Phyllis:  Your use of color is unparalleled--luscious, gorgeous. Beautiful lettering, design super coordinated with the stamps, really, really like it. I'm going to have to put some serious effort into my response to justify getting something so pretty. Thank you.

Offline SueL

• View Profile
    • Instagram Oliveleafcalli
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2015, 06:41:11 AM »
I'm looking forward to seeing all the exchanges. Many mind-boggling ones I'm sure.

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2015, 07:51:54 PM »
Yes, this is exchange is still very much in the active phase so we will wait until after close to post pics so as not to ruin the surprise for all. Something to look forward to!  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline KartiniM

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2015, 09:44:26 PM »
We mere mortals want to see pictures!! ;)

Don't feel bad--I suspect most of the members of this exchange have not finished making their entries yet, as the deadline to post is June 23, and most people wait until close to the deadline to mail them. After the deadline plus a week or two so everyone has received theirs, the results will be posted (hopefully), although less than half the people in the "Mimic a Master" exchange published their submissions (unfortunately).

I agree with Andrew and Matthew. Hard to wait.....
But, I guess I'll just have to.

Please to all you flourishers out there, once enough time has pasted after the deadline, we'd love to see pictures posted  ;D

Michael, I'm privileged to personally see some of your handy work. Can't wait to see your flourishing.  :)

Offline ErikH

• View Profile
    • All my web stuff
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2015, 07:27:34 AM »
I have only just today finished the design into something I'm pleased with (and I'm sure I'll be ashamed of it as soon as I receive the first one from someone else ;D). I'm so glad I'm not the only one using all the available time! The goal is to make the final versions this weekend and mail them on Monday or Tuesday.

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2015, 09:06:06 PM »
Michael, I'm privileged to personally see some of your handy work. Can't wait to see your flourishing.  :)
Well, flourishing is not my strong suit, so don't expect too much on this one. I've finished the envelopes (acceptable), and the inclusions for the international recipients (6), and hope to finish the domestic ones in the next day or two. As some of these are going to Singapore (delivery time usually 3 weeks) and New Zealand, I'll guess it will be several weeks until mine are posted. I've already received a couple that are vastly superior to my efforts. Very inspiring. And humbling.

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2015, 11:38:49 AM »
@Phyllis--Your first card was lovely, the second even better. Again, beautiful use of color, excellent writing, and great quote. What a delight. Definitely made my day. Thank you so much. Oh, and for some lucky reason, your envelope escaped cancellation--absolutely unmarked.
All mine went out June 19, so I'm hoping you will receive it this week.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 11:45:54 AM by AnasaziWrites »

Offline uhkneeluh

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2015, 10:42:16 PM »
where can I see some of the finished cards? Would love to be a part of an exchange like this once I have a little more experience.
The only place I post my calligraphy practice
https://instagram.com/uhkneeluh/

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2015, 11:10:13 AM »
where can I see some of the finished cards? Would love to be a part of an exchange like this once I have a little more experience.
As the deadline for sending entries to this exchange is today, you will probably see examples posted either here in a week or two, or in a separate thread, if Erica creates one, wherein the entries can be posted so as not to spoil the surprise for those who have not yet received theirs. Stay tuned to this section., Sharing and Caring.

Offline sybillevz

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2015, 11:52:02 AM »
I received 2 GORGEOUS cards today : thank you Felicia and Phyllis, your chefs d'oeuvre are joining Schin's tiger on my inspiration wall !
You have set the bar so high, I'm afraid to send my very poorly executed flourishes... I was almost finished, but have another idea I'd like to explore. So I'm going to be a little late this time, sorry list 2  :-X
If all goes well, all my envelopes will be sent by friday.