Author Topic: Master Penman Certificate  (Read 13153 times)

Offline colorsofchrist

• View Profile
    • Connie Chen
Master Penman Certificate
« on: November 02, 2015, 08:32:50 PM »
Here is my Master Penman Certificate, the beginning of my journey. The bird represents the Spirit of God. It is what brought me to and through my calligraphy journey. But looking at the title, it is also interceding, sitting on the scripture John 1:1, reminding me that “The Word was with God” first. So I must write where the Spirit leads me. I must write for the gospel. This spiritual heritage transitions into my earthly heritage in my Chinese name embedded in my English name written in the Chinese calligraphy I so love.

I give all the glory to the Father who made this possible, who worked all things for the good of those who love Him. I have been paralyzed before so I know with certainty that the fact that I can sit down, move my fingers and arm, control their steadiness; the fact that I can think and put my ideas to paper—this is all because of His grace and mercy. It is my prayer that life may be in the art that I present to you, so the Spirit may sow seeds of life in your soul.

I would like to thank my mentor Senior Master Penman William A. Lilly for seeing a potential in me, cultivating my talent, and recognizing me with this title. The first group of masters was identified by him based on the level of their work. And I am grateful and honored to be one of the seven Master Penmen he recognized in his lifetime.

To my mentor Master Penman John DeCollibus, I owe much love and gratitude. The care he took in examining my work and the encouragements he gave me throughout this process shaped this piece into what you see today. When I doubted myself he believed and pushed me onward. I am blessed to have these two loving mentors in my life who seek perfection in every stroke and flourish.

To all of you reading this, I thank you for being so encouraging and supportive throughout my calligraphy journey. This will be a lifetime journey onward. I must continue to focus and perfect my letterforms every day  so I may continue to be deserving of this title. I want to be a Master Penman who teaches strictly and in the right way of how Mr. Lilly taught me. I want to be a Master Penman who continues to learn from past and current Masters. And I will begin by releasing a new series of in depth video tutorials on Engrosser’s Script free and available to all so I may truly promote the art of penmanship. For each of my classes, there will be one or more scholarship spots available depending on class size. It is my sincere hope to learn and grow with you all.
IG: http://instagram.com/colorsofchrist || Website: http://connie-chen.com || Youtube Channel: conniechencalligraphy

Offline tiffany.c.a

• View Profile
Re: Master Penman Certificate
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 08:48:57 PM »
Lovely certificate, wonderful work, with so many meaningful words/symbols.
Congratulations!

Offline sheila247

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 08:54:18 PM »
Your Certificate is Beautiful!!!!   Congratulations!

Offline Heebs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 09:30:32 PM »
Aaaaaammmmmaaaaziiiiin :D Congrats Connie! Highly deserved recognition, keep kicking butt!

Offline prasad

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 09:55:03 PM »
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
A well deserved reward.

Congratulations
-Prasad
Never be afraid to try something new
Remember - An amateur built the Ark and Professionals built the Titanic
My Instagram

Offline KartiniM

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 10:48:58 PM »
Beautiful and incredible testimony & certificate! Will be praying for you and your journey :)

Offline ekeyart

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
    • Admin
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 04:45:07 AM »
Congratulations Connie!!

A recognition well deserved and a beautiful certificate with so such meaning in it!!  :)
Elayne x
Great ideas are meant to be shared
https://instagram.com/ekeyart

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 07:19:38 AM »
Congratulations, Connie!

That's a well-deserved honor!  I love all of the symbolism that you chose!

Janis

Offline Blotbot

• Super Hero Member
  • Follow your bliss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 07:24:21 AM »
Beautiful!  Congratulaions!

Offline ericp

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 11:31:27 AM »
Congrats!   Really amazing!

Offline Estrella

• Estrella
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2015, 01:31:59 PM »
Here is my Master Penman Certificate, the beginning of my journey. The bird represents the Spirit of God. It is what brought me to and through my calligraphy journey. But looking at the title, it is also interceding, sitting on the scripture John 1:1, reminding me that “The Word was with God” first. So I must write where the Spirit leads me. I must write for the gospel. This spiritual heritage transitions into my earthly heritage in my Chinese name embedded in my English name written in the Chinese calligraphy I so love.

I give all the glory to the Father who made this possible, who worked all things for the good of those who love Him. I have been paralyzed before so I know with certainty that the fact that I can sit down, move my fingers and arm, control their steadiness; the fact that I can think and put my ideas to paper—this is all because of His grace and mercy. It is my prayer that life may be in the art that I present to you, so the Spirit may sow seeds of life in your soul.

I would like to thank my mentor Senior Master Penman William A. Lilly for seeing a potential in me, cultivating my talent, and recognizing me with this title. The first group of masters was identified by him based on the level of their work. And I am grateful and honored to be one of the seven Master Penmen he recognized in his lifetime.

To my mentor Master Penman John DeCollibus, I owe much love and gratitude. The care he took in examining my work and the encouragements he gave me throughout this process shaped this piece into what you see today. When I doubted myself he believed and pushed me onward. I am blessed to have these two loving mentors in my life who seek perfection in every stroke and flourish.

To all of you reading this, I thank you for being so encouraging and supportive throughout my calligraphy journey. This will be a lifetime journey onward. I must continue to focus and perfect my letterforms every day  so I may continue to be deserving of this title. I want to be a Master Penman who teaches strictly and in the right way of how Mr. Lilly taught me. I want to be a Master Penman who continues to learn from past and current Masters. And I will begin by releasing a new series of in depth video tutorials on Engrosser’s Script free and available to all so I may truly promote the art of penmanship. For each of my classes, there will be one or more scholarship spots available depending on class size. It is my sincere hope to learn and grow with you all.

Absolutely beautiful. All of it.

I must tell you, John 1:1 was the bible verse that changed my life forever. My father was down a very bad path and my mother and I were constantly praying that the Lord would convict him, open his eyes, and change him. After many times of reading the Bible, he finally *understood* this verse. It was finally *revealed* to him. And his entire life changed after that. And ours as well. For the better. Much, much better! This was about 19 years ago. And every time I come across that verse, I am reminded of what a beautiful thing my family and I have experienced. All glory to God. Thank you for sharing your testimony with us. Romans 8:28. Matthew 19:26.

Blessings to all.

Offline AAAndrew

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • The Steel Pen Blog
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2015, 03:29:21 PM »
Congratulations and well-deserved honors. I look forward to the videos!

Check out my steel pen history blog
https://thesteelpen.com/

Offline InkyFingers

• All creations not equal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2015, 06:49:24 PM »
My only quest in my penmanship is to match 10% of your excellence.

Offline Cindy_H

• Freshman Member
  • Always in pursuit of happiness...
    • View Profile
    • Love, Cindy ADH
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015, 07:34:56 PM »
Congratulations, Connie! I have always admired your work. I hope you continue to inspire and find joy on your journey.
Love, Cindy ADH
Mother, Wife, Lover of Animals, Crafter
Instagram ~ Blog ~ YouTube Channel

Offline tintenfuchs

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2015, 06:06:46 AM »
I don't get it, I thought the Master Penman Programme was discontinued? Or is this not IAMPETH but another programme I haven't heard of?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 06:08:53 AM by tintenfuchs »
Natascha
My Instagram