Author Topic: Hello from the Philippines!  (Read 762 times)

Offline Os

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Hello from the Philippines!
« on: November 04, 2015, 09:12:47 PM »
Hi, everyone, I'm Camille from the sunny Philippines! This is my first time logging in so I have yet to choose an avatar (although it would most likely be of my weenie dog whom I am very obsessed with haha).

I have recently taken an interest in all things calligraphy, from pointed pen to brush lettering despite my hectic university life. It allows me to relax and forget my thesis for a few minutes :))

Anyway, right now, I am interested in learning Copperplate. As a beginner, I know it would be difficult to immediately plunge into Copperplate, but I would like to think that it is for everyone regardless of experience or lack thereof. I'm actually very happy that the forum has many free tutorials and resources on Copperplate and calligraphy in general, because as a student, I currently cannot afford to join workshops or private lessons.

Well, that's all for now! I hope to show you my progress sometime soon :)

Offline tiffany.c.a

• View Profile
Re: Hello from the Philippines!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 08:42:31 PM »
Welcome Camille! So glad you found the forum. Yes, lots of tutorials and info, and helpful people. Have fun!

Offline Carina_I

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 09:55:52 PM »
Welcome to FF, Camille. I am also learning Copperplate, so I think it's pretty cool that you're interested. It's a very rewarding script.  :D

Offline unscripted

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 04:25:20 AM »
Hi Camille! Welcome to FF. This forum and lots of other resources will help you get started on copperplate.