Author Topic: Creating Samples  (Read 2048 times)

Offline andyj

• Freshman Member
  • A journey of a 1,000 miles...
    • View Profile
Creating Samples
« on: December 19, 2015, 01:56:41 AM »
What is a good practice for creating samples and posting?  I particularly notice that @InkyFingers has excellent samples which are obviously not done with a scanner (or at least, not all of them) because some feature writing instruments, etc.  Then, I think one must use an external image host (right?) and not upload an image directly.

Is there a topic on this?  Hope this is not where everyone throws tomatoes at me.

Well, to be clear, I can do something, I'm not totally lost but I'm just wondering what the veterans have found to be good techniques for posting samples.
Andy

Offline prasad

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
Re: Creating Samples
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 08:41:28 AM »
Scanning the sample gives the best result in reproduction, but like you said if you want a general picture, you can take it with a camera/phone....

2 ways of loading it on here,

1) Save the image on your computer and add it as an attachment to you post.  This puts the image on the bottom of whatever you type or post. It's the last thing that appears on the post.

2) Upload your image to an Image sharing website like Picassa, Flickr....  In that site, you can generate a link to the image.  This link is typed into your post.  In this case, the image appears in the position you type the link.  You can add more information after the image too. 

Hope that helps
-Prasad
Never be afraid to try something new
Remember - An amateur built the Ark and Professionals built the Titanic
My Instagram

Offline andyj

• Freshman Member
  • A journey of a 1,000 miles...
    • View Profile
Re: Creating Samples
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 10:55:43 AM »
Thanks, Prasad!