Author Topic: Flourish Forum Fun Wrap Up - Bullet Journaling  (Read 2482 times)

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Flourish Forum Fun Wrap Up - Bullet Journaling
« on: July 16, 2016, 10:18:48 AM »
I started to prepare a handout for today but then realized this is something people will want to do on their own. Back in February, new member @jaynegraham2 mentioned she was into something called Bullet Journaling. I was very intrigued and decided I had to check it out. Oh my.

As a calligrapher, lettering artist, collector of notebooks, illustrator, and organizational freak desperately wanting to be organized, this is right up my alley and I'm sure will be for many of you as well.

I am including a video below from Ryder Carroll, the inventor of the Bullet Journal.

Also included is my Pinterest board for Bullet Journaling. There is so much, creatively, that can be done with these and I'm really excited to get started. After watching the video, be sure to check out the Pinterest board to see what others have done.

So, included in the SWAG bag (drawing tonight at midnight) will be a navy Moleskin journal which I have added a few headers to as well as a blank one so you can do as you like!  :)

I hope others find this as intriguing as I do! As I make progress, I will share some of my pages.  :)

Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Os

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Re: Flourish Forum Fun Wrap Up - Bullet Journaling
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 10:25:20 AM »
saw something about Bullet Journaling on BuzzFeed, too! I am absolutely horrible at keeping journals or diaries, but this bullet journal requires minimum effort!! ^v^

But knowing myself...hmm, well, I guess it's time to adult now and give it a shot! ;;A;;

Offline Jamie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 10:39:44 AM »
Is it okay if I include an image of what I've done recently and not today for bullet journaling? I've been on vacation and am currently on the way home so I haven't been able to participate in most of these. ):

Offline evjo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 11:33:51 AM »
Hahahahaha!  I am way too  :o   :P  to be able to keep a journal like this.  I even have an official diagnosis - visual sequencing disorder.  Weird that this is even a thing.  If I see more than about seven things I cannot get organized.  & I have never been able to sustain keeping a journal.  Even a calendar rarely makes it through the 12 months of the year. 

Check out the instagram of the very talented Anne Esner to see how she decorates her daily journal:  https://www.instagram.com/p/BHmcJtQAeLL/?taken-by=anneelser

I have a goal to finish filling one sketchbook before I die.  I stopped paying attention to it after I discovered all you pen people, too busy trying to write fancy script to draw pictures. 
Some sketchbook details:
[I attached a pdf which is not visible without downloading.  Hmm.  Must put figuring out how to get the image to show up in the post on my to do list.  haha]
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 11:37:09 AM by evjo »
Ev

Offline AndyT

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 01:34:11 PM »
Your sketches are a delight, Evie.  :)

Offline evjo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 02:27:02 PM »
Thanks, Andy.
Finally got an image to fit into the post   :P
Ev

Offline silverswirlstudios

• View Profile
    • Silver Swirl Studios
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 03:23:39 PM »
I absolutely love, love, LOVE (did I say LOVE?) this idea!!!

First of all, I am a collector of all things notebook related. Second, I am a certified list maker and organizer. Third, this system actually looks like it will WORK!

So, here's my story:
I got married and moved into a new house two years ago. Last year my husband had back surgery and I stayed home for 6 weeks to take care of him. During that time I organized and unpacked every closet and room in the house EXCEPT my home studio.

My studio is a mess. I can't even remember the last time I could see my drafting table under all of the stuff.

I have wanted to get a new chair, but an engraver, set up a filing system - and all of it seems to fall by the wayside. I especially think of these wonderful calligraphy related gifts I can make for events/auctions and also friends and family, but time comes and goes and I never get to it.

This is not only the perfect challenge, I think it is the perfect opportunity (that also appeals to my OCD nature) to accomplish some (or all) of my calligraphy goals!

GOLD STAR for this idea!!!
Theresa D. Varela
Silver Swirl Studios
Find us on Facebook and Instagram!

Offline silverswirlstudios

• View Profile
    • Silver Swirl Studios
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 08:36:06 PM »
I just went out and purchased a brand new Moleskine journal and Micron Pens for my project. I am so excited!!

I was inspired by Erica's Pinterest board and started one also. In the process, I found this blog: http://www.tinyrayofsunshine.com/bullet-journal/

I'm laying out some pages now. Thanks again for the FABULOUS and FUNCTIONAL idea!!!! ;D
Theresa D. Varela
Silver Swirl Studios
Find us on Facebook and Instagram!

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 11:43:08 PM »
Yes Jamie, please do share!  ;D

Great illustrations Evie!

Theresa, you sound as excited as I was when I saw this! I love it! And ... my studio sounds like yours! We just moved and my studio is the only room in the house not yet unpacked! Thanks for sharing and I look forward to us sharing more!  ;D :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Inked botanicals

• View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2016, 10:55:29 AM »
I love the bullet journaling idea, the little different bullets and signifiers to clarify things. But I also love the traditional agenda layout, with preprinted days and hours. And what I love most is the disc binding system, so I can change my sheets and put them wherever I want. So in my daily life I use a mixed agenda.

I use monthly, weekly and daily sheets, depending of what I need. My daily sheet has a place for tasks for this day, the hours to add events, and a lined part for taking notes. In that notes part I use bullets to keep track of new things and temporal tasks for another day. At the end of the day I go through all my notes and write my dates and tasks in their correspondent days and hours. I am quite happy with my mixed system, but last year I made a key sheet while learning which bullet means what and keep it inside my agenda.
Alba.

Instagram: @inked_botanicals

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2016, 12:54:37 PM »
That sounds very efficient Alba! Thank you for sharing. Time for me to get started!  :)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram