Author Topic: Holiday 2022 Exchange Sign Ups are Now Closed.  (Read 582 times)

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Holiday 2022 Exchange Sign Ups are Now Closed.
« on: November 09, 2022, 04:43:13 PM »
I truly cannot believe it is already time for our final exchange of the year. Honestly, time is on fast forward. But here it is! Please note: We have members from all over the world and many different religions so Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and many others' celebrations will be represented, expected, and welcomed.

Post Mark Deadline: Thursday, December 15, 2022

NOTE:

- If you did not complete a past exchange you signed up for, you cannot participate.
- If you will be busy and cannot meet your obligation, please do not sign up. It is not OK to think, "Life happens" and not fulfill your obligation. It is OK if circumstances require you to send your exchanges late, however, you will still not be able to participate in an exchange until yours are sent.
- You must be a registered, activated member and you must have made at least one post, introductory or otherwise, in order to participate.

As always, the following guidelines apply:

1. Calligraphy should be used on both your exchange insert and envelope.
2. You will send a card to every member on your list (typically 7-9 members).
3. Must be related to the theme.
4. All skill levels welcome!
5. If you end up not being able to participate, please contact me ASAP. If you don't send your cards after the list has gone out, you will not be able to participate in the next exchange.
6. You must sign up before the deadline. No late sign ups.
7. HAVE FUN!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 11:23:06 AM by Erica McPhee »
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline passionforwriting

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday 2022 Exchange Sign Ups are Now OPEN!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 08:29:12 AM »
Woohoo! So excited for this one! Count me in!

Offline ErinBear

• Freshman Member
  • Lettering n00b
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday 2022 Exchange Sign Ups are Now Closed.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2022, 08:38:10 PM »
@Erica McPhee, @TammyMacLellan, @passionforwriting, @Starlee, and @wfung - Your cards are in the mail! I’m so embarrassed - the list I received with your addresses said they should be sent by Thursday, December 16, and the post here says Thursday, December 15. I was only referring to the address sheet and had December 16 in my head. I ran over to the post office after work yesterday to make the last mail pickup (which I’m pretty sure I made with maybe a minute to spare). I’m not usually sliding in at the last minute, but this was my first exchange and my first time to use calligraphy on envelopes - and it was pretty challenging. I messed up a lot! I was just thinking I should let y’all know they were on the way to you when I clicked on the post to see I missed the Thursday postmark deadline. 🤦🏼‍♀️

The most ridiculous part of all of this is that December 15 and 16 are days I’m well acquainted with. December 15 is my birthday, and December 16 is my husband’s birthday. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself."
-Oscar Wilde

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2022, 11:29:58 PM »
Oh no - please don’t worry at all! I made a mistake on the date. And it’s all ok. You are all good! Thanks for participating!  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2022, 01:29:32 PM »
@ErinBear And Happy Belated Birthday!!!  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Aries M

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2023, 10:38:02 PM »
@Erica McPhee @AnasaziWrites @TeresaS my apologies but my cards to you will be late :(

I asked my wife to mail these a few weeks ago along with a handful of others. Ive been cursing the post and mailmen ans icestorms thinking none of them had been delivered and lost to the mail monsters. She admitted to me she actually found them in the back seat and had forgotten to take them in. I dunno how I missed them either but there ya have it!

I put them in the post Saturday but they will be very belated holiday greetings at this point. Sorry guys!

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2023, 02:16:51 AM »
No worries at all! I have done something similar before (and blamed one of my kids)!  ;D I love getting late holiday mail - it keeps the fun going!  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline TeresaS

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2023, 10:22:37 AM »
Absolutely no worries!  Something to look forward to in the longest coldest most dreaded month of the year!!
Teresa